Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aztecflower78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Cell phone conversation tracking
    I am concerned that someone may be tracking my cell phone. That doesn't bother me since I have nothing to hide, but now I'm worried that they may try to track my calls... that is going to far. Is this possible? OR legal? Can the local state and government do this too? OR am I just being paranoid? Doesn't the cell phone company have some sort of obligation to notify it's costumers if their calls are being tracked? I thank you in advance for your time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thank you for your responses... and in response to some questions brought up. I am not a spy... nor have I been to Iran. I'm not in trouble either.

To make a long story short. A good friend of mine had her kids taken away with out just cause. While she is fighting for them to be returned to her through her attorney, she has tried to sneak a visit with her girls but is concerned that Social Services (CPS) may track her calls to her parents house where the girls are housed. I doubt this, but can Social Services do that?
    clouded Posts: 31, Reputation: 3
    -

Dec 26, 2006, 05:45 PM
    I work for a major cellular company and hear your complaint often. From my 8 years of experince I think you, and all the people that think that are crazy. Unless your in trouble with the law, you don't have anything to worry about. If you are being listened to, it is authorized by a warrant.

Why would you think that your calls are being tracked?
    There are no tape recorders, no big brother and no one cares what your saying or where your at.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2006, 06:29 PM
    Ok first 90 percent of the phones out there can not be GPS tracked. They can tell what cell tower you are talking off but in areas where I live that is a 100 sq mile area or bigger that a tower will cover. So you can be anywhere in that area, that is all they could know.

In the bigger cities, the area may be smaller into a 50 or 100 block area.

Now for the government to do it, they would have to have a warrant, or be doing it for national security, so if you are not a spy, a terrorist, a drug dealer or a criminal you have little to worry about.

Next without a warrant they can not tap your phone ( unless they suspect you to be a terrorst, not been to Iran lately ?)

Now there are GPS systems in our cars, and car location systems that would be much easier to use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Don't Want A New Cell Phone! [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: Hi, A couple of years ago I purchaes a flip phone from ATT Wireless-about a year ago CellularOne took over. I chose the pay-as-you-go service. Last month, I was more or less informed by CellularOne that I needed to sign up for a new pay-as-you-go plan & purchase a new phone. I don't...

Already own cell phone? [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone direct me or inform me?I previously had a contract with a company who provided cell phone service(ALLTELL) The contract has been Up(1year) 9th of Jan 2005.Iwould like to use my exsisting phone(Motorola) And sign on with a new company.Most PCS will not do this,you have to use Their...

Tracking a cell phone [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a way to track a cell phone by the phone number, I want to see where my kids go, I don't want them to know I am tracking them. So is there a software that allows me to do this

Cell phone, etc. Tracking? [ 3 Answers ]

I've met a man, we have dated, he says he lives in Maryland (originally said D.C.), however the cell #/area code (818) is L.A. based.  When he calls my home phone, appropriate name comes up, however I would like to find out his actual place of residence... seeing if  he is truthful... All I have is...

View more questions Search