Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatewalker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 08:31 PM
    What kind of coverage is needed for a church owned van
    My church is thinking of buying a van for me to drive people to and from church and the events we hold. Will I need a special license? Will I be required to have full coverage. I do not have insurance at this time but have excellent driving record.
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Sep 3, 2010, 04:38 PM

The van will need to have a MINIMUM of liability coverage to meet the legal requirement for driving in your state. The terms are Bodily Injury and Property Damage. These pay for damage that you may cause to another party.

Depending on the value of the van or whether it is financed, you may elect "full" coverage which is adding physical damage coverage. This will pay for the van itself if something happens to it.

The church will need a "business" or "commercial" policy as most companies will not allow this to fall under a personal auto policy. The good news is that you don't have to carry the coverage, the church should be paying for this.

I would HIGHLY advise that you recommend to the church to carry as high of liability coverage that is available. $100k per person/$300k per accident with $100k property damage as the lowest.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2010, 05:52 PM

Agreed, in our state there is no requirement for a special drivers licence.

Your church will need to put insurance on the van. The determination of what type, full coverage or liability will depend on their desire.

There should be a high level of coverage to protect the church from passengers getting injured.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of document needed to apply portuguese passport [ 0 Answers ]

What kind of document needed to apply portuguese passport and how much money will be to make portuguese passport

What Kind of Evidence is Needed to Take me in for CASH [ 2 Answers ]

So I worked for this company who when it came to cash transactions was told to NOT PUT IT THROUGH and pretend that it was nothing so that way it didn't show in the books. Well now I am possibly being accused of taking about 2g's or so when it could have been anyone who had access to the till and...

Intent to Defend. What kind of copy is needed? [ 2 Answers ]

Before I mail out my Intent to Defend to the Plaintiff I have one more question. I was told to copy the ItD that I am mailing to the courthouse and send that to the plaintiff. Does copy mean photocopy or will a printed extra do?

View more questions Search