Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdeland Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 09:35 AM
    All keys on keyboard are locked
    All the keys on the keyboard are locked. I have a feeling that I may have held a key down too long while thinking/typing. How can I fix this?
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Then how did you type your Question? Ha! Ha! I'm sorry I can't help, but had to pass on the response I got when I read your question to a friend. I realize you must be using a different PC or keyboard,
    kevin2006 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 02:01 PM
    Try going to control panel > keyboard.. n look around there
    jdeland Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Thanks, found the solution. Hold shift down for 10 seconds, restart computer.

Funny comment- yes, I was using another computer.
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 27, 2006, 11:36 AM
    I'm glade you found the solution, and thanks for sharing it with us. I have learned something new.
    Llaevoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 09:50 PM
    I do this all the time, holding down the shift key while I muse on my next word. Through all the versions of Windows I gave owned, I have found that simply re-booting corrects the problem.
    sherrylsab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 03:48 AM
    How to repair doble letter like this,we,xc,sd,xc,sd
    prashanthnimma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 08:53 PM
    I want block my keyboard when I open the files like pdf,powerpoint... and only Esc key should to function to terminate the application.I want the code to perform in .net language.
    sassiesk8r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 09:01 AM
    Restarting the computer isn't a solution people... It's a soft reset for your OS so what ever you touched will go to its original state. If you maybe found a combination of keys or a certain function button that turns the bey board back on that would be more of a solution. But no one has yet to find this key combination out and post it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Pc keyboard keys wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My hp compaq nc6220 has wrong keys - to get a @ you type " and vice versa for example. I followed all the steps in a previous thread on this subject and note that when I go into device manager>hardware>keyboard and expand it, the only entry is "quick launch buttons" i.e. no device is specified. Can...

Mower locked up [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have craftsman 6.5 push mower that is about 8 years old. I went to prime it to start it last week and after it starts it only stays on for about 5 to 10 seconds and then shuts off. Then it won't start again unless I prime it again. It did this about 10 times and then the engine locked up...

Certain keyboard keys stopped working (be glad it isn't yours) [ 21 Answers ]

once upon a time, there were 102 happy little keys that all worked on my creative prodikeys keyboard. The all of a sudden, bammy, the r, y, h, 7, I, and the k keys died. This happened when I was using my computer. A while later, the keys worked again. I said to myself that ''this must be a driver...

Locked out of AllExperts.com [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I'm a expert on this site, (plumbing page), as well as AllExperts.com. I went to answer a question this morning and got this back. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14' The log file for database 'allexperts' is full. Back up the...

View more questions Search