Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mred Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Sep 2, 2010, 06:03 AM
    Trapped in my career
    I'm a medical graduate who currently works in the corporate setting, not in the usual hospital that most medical graduates end up in. Medicine was not my choice career from the very start and it's sad that my decision to take this medical journey has backfired on me and now I feel trapped. I haven't updated myself clinically and I feel very uneasy in the company of friends and relatives who seek medical advice from me. I want to help them but just don't have enough confidence and knowledge to do so. I want to tell them I'm not the conventional doctor with updated training but it seems that they will not understand my situation . My classmates in medicine are very much thriving in their choice career and I feel left out. I don't join social networking sites and hardly get in touch with former classmates. I feel that this is not the life I deserve. Please help.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 10, 2010, 05:54 PM

So who chose this medical career for you and what is the medical career, if not the conventional path of medicine?

Is there anything from your schooling and training you did enjoy or feel inspired by?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 08:11 PM

So go for the career you want, I have meet medical doctors who went to sell insurance or who went into physcial therapy or a dozen other careers.

And as for as networking and keeping up with friends, that has nothing to do with what you do for a living.

And if you don't want to give advice to people, just say so, give them your reason or other reasons

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trapped in a marriage [ 22 Answers ]

Eight years ago, my husband admitted to having sexual affairs with women. One woman was our children's nanny. I had no idea. It made me sick to my stomach. I could not eat nor sleep for a number of months. He wanted me to forgive him. My husband is a type-A personality, hard-working,...

Trapped! Need some answers [ 2 Answers ]

In 1996 my grandma got a quick claim deed and put me and my uncle on it. In 1997 grandma passed away and my uncle hasn't lived here in the house since 1998. I have a family now 3boys and married. My uncle hasn't help pay property taxes or upkeep of the house... I have been paying it all. I can't...

Trapped [ 17 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have been married for 9 years to a workaholic. I am fortunate enough to stay home and raise our kids, but I am incredibly lonely! Especially on the weekends, when it is highlighted that I am really a raising our...

Trapped [ 6 Answers ]

I have been married for 9 years to a workaholic. I am fortunate enough to stay home and raise our kids, but I am incredibly lonely! Especially on the weekends, when it is highlighted that I am really a raising our kids alone. The past year I have found myself getting my needs met by another man...

View more questions Search