Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2003, 07:14 AM
    Salary car salesman
    I am thinking of being a salesman and would like to know the salary and what/if you get commission for each car you sell?
    nycjd23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2005, 09:02 PM
    Salary Expectations
    I earn 20% of all gross profits on front of deal. Ex-make 2500 profit, earn 500. I get 5% on back end.. f&i, warranties, accessories. The more people you talk to the more cars you sell. Strive for a minimum of 10 cars a month and you'll earn between 40 and 50 k 1st yr.
    ab-solute Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2005, 12:11 PM
    My husband used to sell cars. He did really well the first 7 months, but then he had to leave.

Apr 3, 2007, 05:30 PM
    I sold cars for 12 years and did extremely well. Some years close to 100K. It depends on whether you sell new cars or used cars. Used cars, you make a lot more money. Nowadays shoppers can get on line and find invoice prices of new cars and want you to sell them the car for the same price as the dealer pays for them! You can do this, but you will only make $50 for selling it. nycjd23 is right about the minimum of 10 cars a month = $40K+ a year average but that usually is a mixture of new and used cars. Also, watch out for the dealer to load up the sales floor with too many salesmen. You may have 20+ salesmen on the floor trying to sell cars. The pie is only so big and it only gets cut into smaller pieces with too many salesmen. There is an extremely high turnover of sales staff in the car business. Good luck!
    mikeb8319 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I sell car for a dealership (new) and we get salary plus over 200 a car 50 dollars for new dose not sound right
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Oct 27, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Most car sales consultants works strictly on commission. There are some dealerships that will pay their people a salary plus a flat rate. It's interesting that you would only get paid $200 for a used car when a normal commission on that same sale might be $800-1200. On a new car the average commission would be $200-300. So maybe your salary + flat fee works out better. Don't know. Seems as though you are limited to what you can make this way.
    cory5674 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 11:48 AM
    I work for a Chevy dealership. I just started and I'm only 21. I make 150 MINIMUM tiny deals. New cars and low priced used. And I've made up to 1200 on a used. Our average is 250 for a new and 600 for used. We have 4 salesman and do about 70 cars a month solid. So. Its nice to get flat 350 a week plus a draw of only 1400 so I pull about 4500 a month net. So. If you can sell , go sell a car. Get fired? Walk across the street and get a job at the competitior. Hahahaha
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

May 28, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Your lucky that you only have 4 salesmen there. Now dealers have 20 salesmens trying to sell 70 cars with that type of pay scale. Doesn't work too well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abuse of Exempt (Salary) status [ 1 Answers ]

My husband works for a company that pays him salary. He is a general manager with this company. He is working anywhere from 60 to 70 hours a week. I had read somewhere that if a person is salary that they must work at least 50% of their time doing manager work. He is doing at least 70% of...

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

How do I doFederal and Social Security Tax calculations for salary employees, using several dependants?

Salary Question [ 2 Answers ]

A business enterprise pays weekly salaries of $20,000 every Friday for the five-day week ending on that day. If the fiscal period happens on a Thursday, an adjusting entry would be necessary. This adjusting entry would consist of? A- Debit Salaries Expense, $4000 & Credit Salaries Payable, $4000...

Un-paid salary [ 2 Answers ]

I worked as a sales rep for a physical therapy center (for a short period, two weeks and 2 days) before I quite. I did not trust the owner/president of This small company and the work environ became totally negetive, and besides, I did not want to become too much in hock to him lest I get burned....

View more questions Search