Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastrychef54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 08:04 PM
    Am I related to my step sisters husbands brothers wife's family?
    My brother in laws wife's sisters son likes me, is it OK to date him?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 08:12 PM

Your brother in laws ( sisters husband)

Their sister is also then your sister,

Their son is your nephew.

Now if this is your step sister, they are not related by blood.

So if I followed this correctly they have no blood relationship,
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef54 View Post
    My brother in laws wife's sisters son likes me, is it ok to date him?
    Your brother in laws wife would be your sister. Here sister would also be your sister, so yes, her son would be your nephew. Why you chose to go this route to explain it to us I don't know. You could have said your sisters son.

If she is your step sister (one of your parents married one of her parents, neither of your parents is her biological parent) than you have no blood relation to your "nephew". If even one of her parents is also one of yours, than you're related by blood and cannot date.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 08:22 PM

Is the sister your stepsister or your blood sister?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 09:48 PM

Depends on what the brother in law relationship is. Is this guy your husband's brother, or is he married to your sister?

If he's married to your sister, his wife is your sister, her sister could be you, and her sister's son would then be your son. So yeah, it would be creepy to date your own child. Or if there are multiple sisters, this could potentially make you the kid's aunt and you shouldn't date your own nephew either, whether there's a blood relationship (the step thing throws it off).

If this brother in law is your husband's brother, you shouldn't date this kid because you're already married.

I'm pretty sure you are messing with us!

Or if I follow the original title on your post you have a step sister, who is married - neither she nor her husband are related to you. Her husband who is not related to you has a brother who is also not related to you, and he's married to someone else - still not related to you, who has a son who, since none of the people between you and he are related, isn't related to you either.

At this point you're 7 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon and I think you should date him, if Kyra doesn't mind.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 09:55 PM

Dontknow, I'm even more confused now.

Maybe we should ask my husbands brothers girlfriends daughters roommate what she thinks. :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do sisters argue about sisters husbands [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know how to ask this question or what result will come out of it, but my wife Martha and I have been together for 7 yrs and recently got married. Since Ive been with this new familiy it always seems that ONE of her sisters is always talking ugly, negative about me. She calls me the scum of...

Movie litlle girl kills her brothers and sisters [ 1 Answers ]

I am searching for a movie from the 80, Its aboud a litlle girl who kills her brother and sisters .in the end her mother or stef mother knows that it is her who does the killings. I remember a seen that the girl drowns her siter or allmost drown her sister.

18yrs old .looking for my brothers and sisters [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for my biological parents so that I can get in contact with my biological brothers and sisters my mothers name is geraldine jackson her b-day is 1-27-61 and she is 48yrs old. My father name is hubert banks and it doesn't show his age or anything on the b.c. can you please help me find...

Brothers insight on their sisters guys [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am now trying to find new possibilities in the dating realm. My brothers always claim they're right in judging the guys I choose as suiters. They were right most of the time but I can see it as a lucky guess or plain manipulation. My brothers simply describe men as predators they...

I want to take care of my brothers and sisters [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am wondering if anybody knows if I can get 'custody' of my brothers and sister. My parents are not very good at their parenting 'job'. They both drink heavily and are more offten than not incapable of properly looking after my siblings:mad: . I'm 18 I live apart form my parents with my...

View more questions Search