Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgriffi3 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 06:14 PM
    What is the difference in real and nominal on the balance sheet
    How can I label an account real or nominal, such as; cash is real, so is Acc Rec nominal?
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Sep 1, 2010, 08:13 PM

Nominal accounts are found on Income Statements and include entries related to expenditures (incomes, losses, profits, etc).

Balance sheet accounts are Real Accounts (cash, accts payable, common stock, etc.) because they are not closed out at the end of the year. They continue to exist into future years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is provision for bad debts is nominal or real or personal accounts [ 1 Answers ]

What is account type of provision for bad debts that is nominal or real or personal account

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

How to record partners'current acounts in the trial balance and balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Two persons started their own business with the amount of dhs 175000 paid by one of them who doesn't work in the company . And the other one work in the company as a general manger .Considering the money as a loan to be paid back to the partner within 18 months, when their first financial...

How to journalize a difference of land in a balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

How to journalize a difference of land in a balance sheet

View more questions Search