Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WANE6961 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Washington State Tree laws
    I have a tree that overhangs my property line into the neighbors yard and a branch of the tree fell onto their garage but did no damage. Is it my responsibility to remove it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2010, 12:58 PM

No. Even if it did do damage the only way you would be responsible is if you knew the tree was dying and did nothing about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washington State Lease Laws [ 16 Answers ]

I want to move from my apartment due to lack of income. I have been here seven months, I just renewed my lease. My rent did go up. I'm paying TOO MUCH for what I am getting, and honestly can't afford it. My best friend just bought a house and has offered to rent me a room. Either way. The...

What are the laws for roommates in Washington state? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a guy who my family and I live with and he works for the apartment complex we live in and he just decided to tell us he wants to move out, and he hasn't given written notice, or any time to find a place to live, and so now his boss wants us out by the end of the month, my family and I are...

Adultery laws in Washington state [ 4 Answers ]

Are than any laws against adultery in Washington State?

Abondonment laws of Washington state [ 15 Answers ]

I need help, trying to find laws about what is abandonment, like how long is it considered abandonment. We have our granddaughter who has lived with us since she has been born and both parents have signed over their rights to us (grandparents). Since then he doesn't call or see her for up to 5 -6...

Tree Trimming - Washington State [ 2 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that reaches over my fence to trim my tree branches that are hanging on her side of the fence. She then throws the cut branches in my yard to clean up. I know she's allowed to cut the tree limbs at the fence line or she should come over and tell me to cut them; however, she...

View more questions Search