Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soccerguy4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 08:15 PM
    1995 Honda Accord Ex Stereo Wiring
    Ok so my 1995 Honda Accord Ex's radio was stolen and now I don't know which wires go to what. I found a website that tells me which wire goes to the speakers and the whole nine yards but it says I should have a blue wire with a white stripe. I do not have that wire but I do have a white wire with a yellow stripe. It says the blue/white wire is the constant 12V but as I said before is that I don't have that wire. Is the white/yellow wire the constant 12V wire. It should be because I know what all of the other wires go to.

Also on my new radio it has a blue wire coming off it and the instructions say it is wire to be able to use the remote. Is that suppose to hook to anything or is it just a "signal catcher."
    rcelctronics Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 08:57 AM
    Honda used both power wires interchangeably (Blue with white or yellow stripe). You should check with a meter just to be sure. The blue "remote" wire from your aftermarket radio is used as power antenna output or amp turn-on and does not need to be hooked to anything unless you have one or both of these options. Make sure that you cap off all unused wires to avoid shorting anything out.
    soccerguy4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 05:31 PM
    Ok so are you saying if since I don't have a blue wire with a white stripe, I should have a white wire with a yellow stripe because they used both?

By the way thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2006, 08:22 PM
    The white wire with a yellow stripe is likely the 12 volt (+) power wire. Set your meter to DCV. Test the YEL/WHT wire by attaching the Red (+) test lead of your analog meter to it and the Black (-) test lead to any ground. You will probably have to turn the ignition switch to ON to test for voltage.

The blue wire coming off the new radio is an antenna for the remote.
    iont2dou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy4
    Ok so my 1995 Honda Accord Ex's radio was stolen and now i don't know which wires go to what. I found a website that tells me which wire goes to the speakers and the whole nine yards but it says i should have a blue wire with a white stripe. I do not have that wire but I do have a white wire with a yellow stripe. It says the blue/white wire is the constant 12V but as I said before is that I dont have that wire. Is the white/yellow wire the constant 12V wire. It should be because i know what all of the other wires go to.

Also on my new radio it has a blue wire coming off of it and the instructions say it is wire to be able to use the remote. Is that suppose to hook to anything or is it just a "signal catcher."
    Hello Soccerguy4, I'm wiring a 95 Honda Accord radio now. As for your hot wires, it's best to use a test light to make sure which is hot, and if it is hot all the time or only when the switch is on. You want to wire the radio clock/memory to the one that stays hot all the time, and the radio power wire to the one controlled by the switch, so your radio will turn off when you turn the ignition off.
    I need the speaker wiring diagram. If you could let me know the colors of the front and rear speakers, I would greatly appreciate it.
    THANKS
    ION

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Accord Headlight stuck! [ 3 Answers ]

I have an extra headlight (regular low-beam) for my Honda Accord. I followed the instructions from the manual for how to change them, but when I went to turn the burnt-out bulb to release it from its holder, it would not budge. I checked this procedure on the other headlights to make sure I was...

1995 Honda Accord may not start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Accord SE. About 6 months ago I started having problems starting the car. Once the car started, it would run with no problems. This initially happened once every couple of weeks and when it happens, I would let the car sit for awhile and it would start later. It now happens...

1995 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a hub cap for sale for a 1995 Honda Accord?

View more questions Search