Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apryl.rickard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 04:21 AM
    No fault insurance is it a good thing?
    I was a passenger in an auto accident, the vehicle behind us was at fault and ticketed. But attorney say that,since I don't own a car ,the nofault insurance will see who of next of kin in my family who has insurance, and pull they insurance to cover my medical expenses, my question is; will this make my realitive premium high, even though they had nothing to do with accident.
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Sep 1, 2010, 05:12 AM

What state are you in? Also, who was paying for the attorney? (you, the insurance company, your friend, etc.)

Medical Payments or Personal-Injury Protection (PIP) designed to cover your medical expenses no matter who is at fault. These coverages are stated in most policies to cover passengers as well. In a "no-fault" state, the driver of the car you were in would typically pay for all occupants of the vehicle up to the limits of the policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At home jobs good thing? Or a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old little girl, and a job I have had for almost 4 years. When I first found out I was pregnant my boss and I sat down and discussed my future with the company. We decided that after my maternity leave I would come back part time (20 hours) until January of 2009. I am now back...

Non fault accident with no insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Previously I was in the State of Indiana and I was in an accident which was not my fault. I was driving without any insurance. What are the penalties for driving without any insurance in the state of Indiana.

No insurance and not at fault [ 6 Answers ]

In geogria, I had an accident but neither driver was cited when cops came. My insurance had cancel but did not get cited for that either. I only found this out once I called the claim in. Now the other driver is trying to make me pay for the damage of there car! Is this right?

No fault insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My 19 yr. old son was hit by a car (as a pedestrian) recently. He was in the state of Florida, we are from, and reside in Maine. My insurance company is the same as the driver's, who has very little in assets, and only carried the required 10K policy as stipulated as minimum in the state of...

View more questions Search