Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsjuice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 07:37 PM
    How to get over the death of a boyfriend
    I came here to ask a question that has already been posted but with the multiple answers they all seem very thoughtful but of no help for me. How do you get over the death of a boyfriend? My mind tells me to move on but my heart won't let me at all. This is hard and its hard to pretend everyday that you are OK when your not. I go on because I have to but the energy and life behind it is none. Its been only 3 months and its been the 3 longest months of my life. I can't shake it because it seems like I waited a lifetime for it to be taken away on short notice and I want it back. He was killed because of an argument and I can't seem to accept that either! What kind of world is this! Someone tell me something because the time heals method isn't working.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 09:26 PM

Cry, scream, throw things if you feel like it. You're angry, that's the second stage of grief.

The first was shock and disbelief.
    I think some of the shock will wear off.

The third is acceptance that he isn't coming back. There is no such thing as closure when you lose a loved one. You learn to live with it and soon the pain lessens

There will be days you feel the pain as much as you did when you first lost him.

If you pray and believe in God then ask him to help you get through this. He's always there.
    sarasmom61809 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Sep 7, 2010, 07:46 PM

My heart goes out to you. I agree with kitkat22. This is not an easy thing to get through, especially alone. Prayer is very strong and YOU WILL overcome this. You will! Hopefully you have family and friends that will stand by your side. If not, we're always here. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Try to stay positive but like kitkat22 said, "cry, scream and throw things" if needed. It doesn't bring him back, but it can get you through the moment.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 06:42 AM

Three months is not long enough, not at all. It's been 3 years for me and sometimes my grief is raw.

Why do bad things happen to good people? I don't know. I ask myself that question all the time.

I agree with Kit -
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 07:03 AM

Ten years after his death, I still think of my father, and how he was the most loving and patient parent that I've ever seen. I couldn't have been blessed with anyone more loving and compassionate as my father. He died suddenly, from a heart attack, while helping my mother decorate the Christmas tree. He saw me marry when I was 36, and was my best man. He did not however, get to meet my two sons. When my first was born, 13 months after his death, my mother and I cried in the delivery waiting room. It was the happiest day of mine and my wife's lives, yet there was a huge hole in my heart. My brother cried at his daughter's graduation, wishing that our father could have been there. Even today, when my boys do something that I remember my father teaching ME to do, it warms my heart. I think of him daily, and thank God for putting him into my life. I truly feel that he looks in on us, and smiles lovingly at the progress that the boys are making.

No, time doesn't HEAL the pain, but it does help you COPE. It's all about coping, and moving forward.

Remember him fondly, and think about how he would want you to carry on. If he were here today, to wipe away your tears, what would he say to you? You know that he wouldn't want you to be sad, or depressed.

Counseling does wonders for grief.

God bless you at this time of loss.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 10:50 AM

I have had the honor and the sorrow to bury two past wives.
    One was shot to death and the other died of cancer. There is no one right way, there is no one size fits all, We all grieve and show our loss differently. And even though I have remarried again, I still think fondly of both of them today.

I can say to share the pain, as in posts here but also local support groups can be great.

3 months is not even time to get over any loss like that.
    It comes again when you clear out the closet of their clothes finally. Or when you go back to a favorite eating place. Or hear a special song.

Only time helps turn the pain and grief to loving memories.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to cope death of your boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

It's about my b.f who just past away for about a mnth ago.I,m so hurt,I can't get on.I,m like I'm dying.I don't know what to do right now.. What hurts me so much is that I was not able to communicate him for a mnth before his death.. Before we live togethere but then I realize to continue my...

How do I tell my girlfriend that I know about the death of her boyfriend. [ 11 Answers ]

We have been involved for 4 months, when we started she told me that she has a boyfriend but since we started dating I noticed that he never calls or lives massages on her phone. Today she asked me to download some music on her cellphone and while I was still logging onto the internet I opened her...

Death of Boyfriend [ 13 Answers ]

At the end of February my life was shattered when the guy I honestly thought I was going to marry was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident. It was so sudden. I'm still so bitter. I get mad at happy couples or when people take something for granted. I get angry that it was a 16 year old that hit...

Can't cope with the death of my boyfriend. [ 19 Answers ]

It has been four days since I lost the love of my life. I loved him dearly and he knows that. But his death is a shock to me because I never expected him to be gone so soon and suddenly. Ever since I received the news my heart is torn apart and all I do is cry and I won't stop crying. His death...

Death of my boyfriend. [ 1 Answers ]

On May 31st, a little over a month ago, my boyfriend commit suicide and my world fell completely apart. He was my best friend and the happiest person I knew. He got along with everyone and rarely did I ever catch him in a bad mood, which makes it so hard to comprehend why he did it. The pain...

View more questions Search