Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Koffee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 07:37 PM
    How much a 1cm tempered glass can hold?
    I have a shelf with tempered glass (length 1.10m, width 40cm, thickness of tempered glass is around 1cm) and I want to put a fish tank on it; length of the fish tank is nearly 1m, width is about 30cm and height is about 50cm. If I fill water in the tank, it could be up to 100kg. Does anyone know whether the tempered glass can hold the fish tank ? Thanks heaps!!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 09:35 AM

Not sure but I'd also worry about the shelf mounting pulling out of the wall. That's why most tanks are sitting on a floor mounted base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serious relationship with a short tempered guy [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 months and we were friends for a year before we started going out. We normally have a perfect relationship, we get along really well and we both love each other immensely. Sounds great right? Well the one downside to our relationship is he has a short...

I have a 5 year old crossbreed and she has a 1cm cyst on her head. [ 4 Answers ]

The cyst has remained the same size, but a smaller one has appeared under her ear and I am not sure what to do next. The vet has given the option of having a bi-opse to check and remove the larger cyst, but I would like somemore advice before putting her under anaesthetic.

Tempered glass looks milky [ 3 Answers ]

We have 3 patio doors off our great room and 4 windows. They look great until the sun shines on them and then the patio door glass looks milky compared to the window glass. The manufactutrer claims it's because they are made of tempered glass, because they have to be and the windows are not. Is...

Hamptombay: clips that hold glass shades. [ 2 Answers ]

We have 4 Hamptonbay ceiling fans installed in our home. They are all the same and everyone has a broken metal clip that holds the glass shade on. Most light kits have 3 screws that hold the glass on. Not Hamptonbay! Has anyone cameup with a fix for this problem? Randy

Tempered glass near drain?! [ 2 Answers ]

Replacement window guy says I need tempered glass in the window over kitchen sink (within 6' of a drain) is he blowin' smoke up my sunshine stopper? And why? What does it matter if there is a drain there? :confused: Please enlighten me. :o

View more questions Search