Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobgrant Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 06:03 PM
    What type of lawyer would I call about a doctor that miss led me
    I had a reverse vasectomy and the dr. office told us more than once that the total price from start to finish was 3700 dollars. After I had it I got a bill for 27,000 from the hospital. We feel we were misled about the total costs. It was our impression that the 3700 would be our only cost
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 05:21 AM

Hello bob:

You want a civil trial lawyer. That's MOST of 'em. Look in your yellow pages.

When you sue, though, YOU have the burden of proof. Unless you got something in WRITING from the doctor, you're to have a VERY hard time proving your case.

Because of that, in my view, any lawyer you find is going to want to be paid IN FRONT. A trial on these issues will probably cost you around $100,000.

I'd interview a couple lawyers anyway. I COULD be full of crap, you know.

excon
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Sep 1, 2010, 07:14 AM

It sounds like you may have had some type of complication if the hospital bill was that high. Was there something in your hospital course which was out of the ordinary?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 07:22 AM

Did the Doctor give you HIS charge(s) or the total cost? In my area a Physician cannot speak for a hospital and any other medical personnel - he can only tell you what HE will charge and give you an "around" figure for the rest.

I would demand an itemized bill from the hospital - $27,000 - ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 07:30 AM

I have to agree with Judy here. The doctor's total and complete cost would have been what was quoted to you.

The doctor has little knowledge of the costs of the hospital and/or anesthesiologist.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2010, 12:51 PM

I agree with everyone else here. I tend to believe the 2700 figure was just for the doctor's services and NOT anything else. I don't know what you can sue over unless you have a signed contract showing you that the 2700 figure was for EVERYTHING and not just the doctor's services.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace response when call for heat but not led [ 1 Answers ]

TNH_BNA5809 I have a Goodman Furnace (Model # PGB 024075-1. The other day I called for heat, the system is not fire up, then I came out to the unit outside to unplug the connection between the Smart valve and the ignitor. It is fire up and run for awhile, and shut itself off. Please help. ...

Should I call my doctor or my optometrist? [ 8 Answers ]

Tonight I had the oddest thing happen to me. While putting away groceries, my vision on the lower left side appeared to have a jagged, flashing line through it. I could see fine, but the line was a little disconcerting. It was like looking into a mirror that has a crack going through it - the...

When should I call my doctor [ 3 Answers ]

WOW!! After those couple question last night I found that I was pregnant!! But my question is when should I call me doctor? I would ask my family members but I am a little afraid even though I am 18 I am still scared to ask anything so I am depending on you guys!! And I am thanking everyone for...

Should I call my doctor? [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive since June, 2007. I have been off the pill since last November. During that time, we didn't use protection, just went with the attitude of if it happens that is fine. Well then in June we started to try. I began using the clear blue...

I want to call to Judge without my lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

I am plaintiff. Oct,2002. My lawyer submitted paper for summary judgment at New York Supreme court. Nov,2002. Oral argument of summry judgment was supposed to hold court After a few months, My lawyer said judge cancelled oral agument. He said now we are waitting for ruling of judge. 8...

View more questions Search