Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 11:47 AM

Sorry. I should have said--For karm
    I only gave facts and quotes, if the all were accurate as they were placed on the quoted sites. Should I accept your undocumented sound bites or my own lying eyes?
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Sep 1, 2010, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Thats why I said on the planet TODAY. But the Crusades were in direct responce to Islam conqureing historically CHristian lands FIRST....so that again falls to ISLAM beiung the terrorists since they forced conversion and killed those who would not, and the Christians were just defending their historical brothers...

Now the only point in Christianity where that MIGHT apply, would have been during the Spanish Inquisition.....but not the Crusades.

Big difference between what happened in the middle ages (and was limited to that era)...vs what has been happening with a particular religion non-stop for 1,300 years and continues to this day. People were illiterate and didn't know what happened in the next town back then...today with radio, TV and internet there is no excuse for blindly believing radial Church leaders rants. Today its willful ignorance....and the fault of the individual as much as the Church leader that preaches that hatred. Sort of like the Rev Jeramiah Wright has. However his rants have not led to innocent people being killed, and as much as he preached hatred...he never called on his followers to kill others.
    Is it not Christian groups who are blowing up abortion clinics today? Or is that not really "terrorism..." I know, I know, you may say that it's not the Christian faith dictating this, but a select handful of people acting in the extreme. That extremist view is certainly terrorism stems in all matters of religion or any other difference of opinion.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bendingleconte View Post
    Is it not Christian groups who are blowing up abortion clinics today? Or is that not really "terrorism..." I know, I know, you may say that it's not the Christian faith dictating this, but a select handful of people acting in the extreme. That extremist view is certainly terrorism stems in all matters of religion or any other difference of opinion.
    Show a Christian religious leader that is calling for the bombings of abortion clinics...

It can be and has been shown that Islamic Terrorism is not occurring in the absence of Imam guidance and encouragement or higher, it is written into the Quaran, KORAN or however you want to spell it and is part of that religions docterine. The Bible does not call for assasinating non-christians... or for those diametrically opposed to a belief of christianity (since we are speaking of Christianity, I refer to the New Testiment). Where it IS part of widely taught Islamic Doctorine and it is in the Koran, and it is preached and supported by for more than a few isolated radical Imams. And the percentages of Muslims that hold to that belief is quite high numerically, even though percentages do vary greatly by country.

Pew Poll numbers... Where Terrorism Finds Support in the Muslim World - Pew Research Center

Thus arguments its individuals taking it upon themselves does not hold water when it comes to radical Islam... while the very isolated incidents with abortion clinics proves it is in that case. Otherwise it would be a chargible offence, solicitation of murder to start with. There is a difference between supporting something and actively aiding in it... and those who know anything and do nothing to prevent it... are guilty of aiding it as well.

If a Priest or Reverand was actively organising or soliciting the bombing of a clinic or killing of a doctor... he could and should be charged. Or vice-versa, if someone attacks those picketting a clinic are not free to do as they wish either. The right of free speech after all goes both ways. But isn't unlimited.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 12:17 PM
    Show a Christian religious leader that is calling for the bombings of abortion clinics...
    You mean the Christian version of imams?
    The Bible does not call for assasinating non-christians
    Let me see. Let's begin with Joshua 1:1ff.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You mean the Christian version of imams?

Lemme see. Let's begin with Joshua 1:1ff.

With the Well known hate monger Rev Jeramish Wright who we all know preaches hate... he hasn't to my knowledge been guilty of trying to blow people up. The same wit Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton... two more blowhards and hate mongers... but again... they aren't advicating blowing people up.

Louis Farakhan... bigot, racist, blowhard, and just a waste of human flesh. But even HE hasn't been soliciting blowing people up, that I am aware of anyway.

Incidentally here is that text..

Joshua 1:1-9 (New International Version)

Joshua 1
    The LORD Commands Joshua
    1 After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, the LORD said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses' aide: 2 "Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. 3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Great Sea [a] on the west. 5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
    6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:1-9 - PassageLookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

#1, that is Old Testiment... I specified NEW testiment as that is uniquely Christian. Even then... where does that literally say you should kill all non-Jewish people, being the Book of Joshua predates the birth of Christ and thus christianity and can't possibly even insinuate Non-christians into the meaning.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 12:43 PM
    So we can throw out the old testament as a source for christian belief?
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    So we can throw out the old testament as a source for christian belief?
    The old testimate isn't unique to christians...

You still haven't pointed out where in that passage it calls for the killing of non-jews? After all, the old testiment can't possibly call for the killing of non-christians when there were no christians during the time of the old testiment. And that's WHAT this part of the discussion is about after all.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 01:11 PM
    I specified NEW testiment
    No, you didn't. You said "Bible." And it's "testament," not "testimate" etc.

And the order to take over the land is in Josh.1:1ff. (P.S. There were people living there.)

And there were more promised than 27 virgins, or virginias, as some call them.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
    No, you didn't. You said "Bible." And it's "testament," not "testimate" etc.

And the order to take over the land is in Josh.1:1ff. (P.S. There were people living there.)

And there were more promised than 27 virgins, or virginias, as some call them.
    Go back to post #25...

It can be and has been shown that Islamic Terrorism is not occuring in the absense of Imam guidance and encouragement or higher, it is written into the Quaran, KORAN or however you want to spell it and is part of that religions docterine. The Bible does not call for assasinating non-christians...or for those diametrically opposed to a belief of christianity (since we are speaking of Christianity, I refer to the New Testiment). Where it IS part of widely taught Islamic Doctorine and it is in the Koran, and it is preached and supported by for more than a few isolated radical Imams. And the percentages of Muslims that hold to that belief is quite high numerically, even though percentages do vary greatly by country.

So... somehow YOU interpret to take over a nearly unpolulated desert means "Kill everyone in it thats not Jewish"... by exactly what definition?

Well they like to reffer to "27 Virgins" so that's what I was using. Most couldn't get one in real life (a woman, virgin or not) in real life... what makes them think they can get them after they die.

So... is that what is Islamic "Hell" for the women? And did it actually refer to female women that were even remotely attractive? It could mean, vigin boys... it might mean virgin livestock, it might mean women that remained virgins because they were so ugly not even a drunk man would touch them... even in an arrainged marriage.

Not all virgins are even remotely attractive.

I'd rather have one average looking woman that knows what she is doing... than 27 butt ugly virgins myself any day, or lifetime.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 03:02 PM
    So... somehow YOU interpret to take over a nearly unpolulated desert means "Kill everyone in it thats not Jewish"... by exactly what definition?
    The Hebrews slaughtered entire villages and cities -- men, women, children, animals -- tens of thousands of them.
    Well they like to reffer to "27 Virgins" so that's what I was using.
    It's 72, not 27. Are you dyslexic?
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 03:36 PM
    The Hebrews slaughtered entire villages and cities -- men, women, children, animals -- tens of thousands of them.

It's 72, not 27. Are you dyslexic?
    Got proof of those numbers other than wild unproven claims by Hamas?. particularly since a big town in those ages was 50 - 100 people, and pretty far apart.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 04:06 PM
    Got proof of those numbers other than wild unproven claims by Hamas?....particularly since a big town in those ages was 50 - 100 people, and pretty far apart.
    Hamas? I don't know anything about Hamas. Googling got me this about Jericho (similar info on several other archaeological sites) --

"Twentieth-century excavations have shown that the level of Jericho at the end of the fifteenth century had a retaining wall 12 to 15 feet high topped by a mud-brick wall an additional 20 to 26 feet in height and 6 feet thick. Outside the retaining wall was a second wall of mud bricks. Rahab lived between the walls in what has been regarded as the poorer quarters of the city, which numbered perhaps 1,200 within the 6 acres enclosed by the interior walls."

I'll Google for info on the entire area's population.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 04:21 PM

Those Canaanites and Philistines were no slouches. One site says this (btw, the conquest took about 200 years) --

"The Hebrews entered a land with its own highly developed culture. During the Late Bronze and Early Iron Ages, Canaan was dotted with strong, walled, industrial and trade centers surrounded by orchards, vineyards, grain fields and pasture land. Wool and flax were woven and dyed with the rich purple obtained from the Murex shellfish. Wine, dried fruits, grain and milk products were also produced. Minerals from the Wadi Arabah were smelted and fashioned into ornaments, tools and weapons for sale and exchange. The rich lived in magnificent villas built around central courts; the poor dwelt in hovels massed together. Slaves captured in battle, and the poor who sold their families and themselves to meet debts, contributed to the power and wealth of the few.

Canaanite religion, a fertility or nature religion, reflected the major concerns of the populace — increase and productivity. Until recently, information about Canaanite belief was drawn largely from the negative statements in the Bible, but since 1928 new data has been forthcoming. While plowing a field, a farmer discovered a Canaanite necropolis at Ras es-Shamra in northern Syria at a point along the seacoast to which the "finger" of Cyprus appears to be pointing. Excavations began in 1929 under the direction of Claude F. A. Schaeffer of France and have continued since with only a brief interruption during World War II."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Got proof of those numbers other than wild unproven claims by Hamas?....particularly since a big town in those ages was 50 - 100 people, and pretty far apart.
    You're wrong about the "big town." Wikipedia says that "within the area known as the Land of Israel and prior to the establishment of the Israelite civilization, the Land of Israel was dominated by Phoenician, Philistines, and Canaanite tribes." If you search Wikipedia et al. under those tribe names, you'll learn how sophisticated, well-traveled, educated, and even wealthy they were. They weren't low-life, unwashed herders wandering around in an arid wilderness.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 09:12 PM

Curlyben
    I have reread the posts several times and find that my evidence was insufficient. I have no right to tell you where your post was directed. Nobody but the poster knows that and that was you. I do apologize for that erroneous assumption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fight terrorism with terror. [ 43 Answers ]

FIGHT TERRORISTS WITH TERROR Why are we fighting this war against terrorism with one hand tied behind our back? We are aware that nearly all of the terrorist acts being committed are by Muslims. They are fierce warriors, as well they should be according to their beliefs. If they win a...

The causes of terrorism in somalia [ 1 Answers ]

I Would Love To Get A Reported Reseacrch Work On The Above Topic "The Causes Of Terrorism In Somalia" Thanks In Anticipation.. .

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

Is this terrorism or stalking? [ 5 Answers ]

O.k. let me tell you what has been going on. My husband and I live in a bad part of town, so dealing with some not so nice people is exptected, however what has been going for months now goes beyond that. The area kids who are in a gang have been setting my car alarm off. Keep purposely doing it....

The nature of terrorism [ 13 Answers ]

In January 2006, I answered a question on another Q&A board about the nature and causes of terrorism. Here is the original Q&A: However, in the wake of the attempted UK car bombings, I am forced to review this answer. Clearly the doctors in charge of the plot were not economically...

View more questions Search