Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Ankle pain upon standing up...
    Hello all! Been a while since I've been on here, but alas, I have a question!

Back in July (July 17th, to be exact), I was doing something stupid and turned my ankle. It hurt for a bit afterward, but I don't like doctors and could still walk on it, so I didn't do anything, let alone visit the ER.

Fast forward to now and I'm still dealing with pain. Not constant pain in any way, but every time I bend down, when I stand up, I have this shooting pain on the bottom of my ankle bone. It's only when I am actively standing up, but if I don't put pressure on the ankle, rather, shift my weight to the left ankle, it's OK, but still twinges. If I try and stand up normally, it is a shooting pain.

What could this be? Is it time to visit the doctor? It's right under the pokey-outy bone (I'm in no way a medical student!) on my right ankle... and only when my weight is on it when standing up.

Thanks, guys!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 12:29 PM

Want to hear the tale of how I tore a tendon and didn't know it for weeks and weeks? I guess it COULD be a sprain - or just about anything else.

Unfortunately, I know EXACTLY where the poley-outy bone is located. I think that's as good a name as any.

I will vote that's it difficult to know unless you see a Doctor. I'll go with you. I have plenty of time on my hands. Go stand in front of your house and I'll pick you up.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2010, 01:08 PM

:) Thanks, Judy! Yes, it's a hassle - going down to the doctor, WAITING for the doctor, etc. but I guess it's worth it.

I'll be waiting. Course, with the 2 hurricanes out there, you may not want to come to my house...
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    :) Thanks, Judy! Yes, it's a hassle - going down to the doctor, WAITING for the doctor, etc., but I guess it's worth it.

I'll be waiting. Course, with the 2 hurricanes out there, you may not want to come to my house....
    HC are you still wearing those stilettos? I'm glad you're back. If you have Epsom salts, soak that ankle in warm , really warm water and Epsom salts. Good to see your Avatar again... Kit

If you're not able to wear those heels, I am badly in need of a sexy pair... just saying;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    HC are you still wearing those stilettos? I'm glad you're back. If you have Epsom salts,, soak that ankle in warm , really warm water and Epsom salts. Good to see your Avatar again...Kit

If you're not able to wear those heels, I am badly in need of a sexy pair...just saying;)
    HAHA! Yes, Kitty, I'm still wearing the heels. Wonder if that's hurting it? Not sure if I really would change if they were... hmm... where does that put my priorities? ;)

I'll get some Epsom salts, thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2010, 07:34 PM

Well, I went to the doctor this evening and I'm now on crutches and in a tightly wrapped bandage until I can get an MRI.

The doctor thinks that it may be a torn ligament or tendon. Could possibly be torn "away from the bone" as he put it. He couldn't see any fracture, but strongly recommended an MRI and said to stay off it for four to five days. Lovely.

Just what I wanted to hear!

Oh, and I can't wear heels. Period. For a long time. *sigh*
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 07:40 PM
    Well, I went to the doctor this evening and I'm now on crutches and in a tightly wrapped bandage until I can get an MRI.

The doctor thinks that it may be a torn ligament or tendon. Could possibly be torn "away from the bone" as he put it. He couldn't see any fracture, but strongly recommended an MRI and said to stay off it for four to five days. Lovely.

Just what I wanted to hear!

Oh, and I can't wear heels. Period. For a long time. *sigh*

Wow... you're going to be on crutches! Hope you feel better. Do what the doctor says and you'll be back in those heels in no time!:)
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 11:36 AM

Prognosis: 2 torn ligaments, fluid on the anterior lateral (?) right ankle, and a strain of the interior ligament. Wow. Surgery possibly may be in my future. Poor, poor beautiful heels...
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Prognosis: 2 torn ligaments, fluid on the anterior lateral (?) right ankle, and a strain of the interior ligament. Wow. Surgery quite possibly may be in my future. Poor, poor beautiful heels...

When you're ankle is all better, go out and buy new heels to celebrate:cool:
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 12:10 PM

Lol! I hope I'll be able to wear them again! :)
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 12:13 PM
    Lol! I hope I"ll be able to wear them again! :)

You will. Nothing keeps a woman from wearing her heels or lipstick.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain on side of foot near ankle [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain on the outside of my right foot toward my anle bone but on the soft tissue part. It hurts to move it around and also to touch but in a very small and specific spot. It also seems to be the cause of aches and pain that runs strait up the back of my leg. Its very hard toput pressure on it...

Foot, ankle and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I get pain in bottom of foot(both) especially along the corners during night it gets better after having a bath in morning, I also experince back pains if I walk a lot and ankle pains, what's the problem with me? I am 28 years old Male, Thanks in advance

Foot & Ankle Pain [ 2 Answers ]

My husband ( 56 yrs. Old ) fell about 2 yrs. Ago and injured his left foot and ankle he went to the doctors, she gave him a coritsone injection the shot gave him some relief for a little while she also fit him for inserts to put in shoes but they caused him to have more pain. It's 2 yrs. Later and...

View more questions Search