Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Green Elephant Posts: 106, Reputation: 8

Aug 31, 2010, 11:19 AM
    Herbal cigarettes?
    Hello all,

I'm very pleased to say that I quit smoking cigarettes over two months ago, and it's been difficult, but great nonetheless.

I wanted to ask if anyone knew anything about herbal cigarettes. I was reading that a lot of actors use them on screen when they don't smoke because they don't contain any nicotine or tobacco.

A part of me thinks I shouldn't try them, but another part of me feels like I could enjoy the feel of smoking again without the nicotine, or tobacco.

Has anyone used, or heard of these? I've been reading a bit on brand called "ecstasy"

I've heard people of using them to quit smoking, but I'm not sure if people just smoke them to smoke them.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 11:30 AM

1. Congratulations on returning to being a "non smoker"!
    2. Don't mess with any sort of cigarette, even if it's herbal. There is nothing good about them - they'll only lead or tempt you to go back to smoking in general.

Yes, I've heard of them and have tried them. I myself battle with the habit but have not yet kicked it for good.

Do yourself a favor: Don't mess with anything that is related to "smoking".

That's just my 1.5 cents worth.

Aug 31, 2010, 11:38 AM
    Do people get addicted to the herbal cigarettes?

Or is it more that they'll tempt me to return to tobacco cigarettes?

Thanks for taking the time to answer
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 11:41 AM

Herbal cigs are typically not physically addictive, but you should know as well as I that the addiction to regular cigarettes is partially due to the action of smoking... the reason that I say don't mess with them is because I know oh so well (after quitting several times) that the action is as important as the tobacco itself.

Just don't mess with the herbal cigs. No good can come of it.

Aug 31, 2010, 11:48 AM

OK, Thank you Rick. I'll leave them be :)
    zombiekiller Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Aug 31, 2010, 05:14 PM

Very good advice to leave them be. The "ectasy" herbal-cigarettes are a legal brand pot. They call them "Incense- NOT meant for human consumption." They are a blend of herbs like valerian root and such that give the effect of getting high.

(note- so I've heard. Hehehe)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 07:03 PM

I was trying to find it but I was not able to... there was a report that there are some ingredients in these herbal cigarettes that over time are very harmful.

Sep 1, 2010, 08:18 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. After the reading the responses I've made up my mind to not even think about trying them.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Herbal remedies [ 34 Answers ]

I am trying to incorporate herbs and supplements into my diet, for many the many health benefits I've been hearing about. Has anyone heard of, or tried a product called eyebright... or any other good herbal products for eye health? Also, are there any good herbal remedies for anxiety and/or...

The usage for these herbal teas [ 1 Answers ]

Has any one heard of figura 1 tea? What does it do, What r the benefit from fennel and peppermint tea?

View more questions Search