Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 11:03 AM
    DVD drawer opens for no reason
    I have a three-year old (long out of warranty) Dell Dimension E521 with a TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-H653A SCSI CdRom device. I run Vista Home Premium. The problem is the DVD drawer seems to open for no reason. It sometimes happens at start-up, sometimes when I shut the computer down, and sometimes when I’m just surfing the web. It sometimes happens several times in a few minutes, but it can also be fine for a week or so and then start acting up again. I don’t know if this is a hardware or software issue but I ran AVG Free, AdAware, Spybot S&D, Windows Defender, Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter, and the problem remains. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 02:19 PM

If your machine is 3 years old. You might try a good cleaning. You can use compressed air (after the machine has been unplugged) that you either have at your disposal or get the kind in a can. If you open the case try removing and reattatching the cables to your drives also. Sometimes corrosion can get to them. When the drawer is open blow it out also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd drawer stuck [ 1 Answers ]

My cd/dvd drawer is stuck on my work modem. I have tried the paperclip in the little hole under drawer but it still will not work

DVD drawer opens and closes when computer is on [ 1 Answers ]

Installed a new internal HP DVD drive. When I turn on the computer, the DVD drawer continues to open and close. Very annoying. I have unplugged then reconnected the drive's connections as suggested by someone but this only helped a short time. Help?

Dvd drawer won't open [ 2 Answers ]

I have a JVC DVD player/VCR recorder-player combo that is about 8 years old. On Wednesday night we had a brief power outage so that I had to reset the clock. Last night I went to insert a DVD to play and the drawer would not open. Can you tell me what I can do to open the drawer in simple...

DVD drawer stuck [ 1 Answers ]

DVD drawer won't open. It is stuck with a CD inside

Dvd player drawer [ 2 Answers ]

How can I open a drawer of a surround sound player , if its not working

View more questions Search