Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jp004465 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 04:51 PM
    probability
    The probability that patient recovers from a delicate heart operation is 0.9. What is the probability that exactly 5 of the next 7 patients having this operation survive?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 09:33 AM

This is a binomial probability problem. Given the probability that something occurs is p, then the probability that the thing does not occur is (1- p). And the probability that p occurs exactly k times out of n trials is:

For your problem p = 0.9, k = 5 and n = 7. Can you take it from here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Geometric probability, conditional probability with area of square [ 2 Answers ]

Chose a point at random in a square with sides 0<x<1 and 0<y<1. Let X be the x coordinate and Y be the y coordinate of the point chosen. Find the conditional probability P(y<1/2 / y>x).

Probability [ 9 Answers ]

test with 10 multiple choice questions, five possible answers; one is correct. Pass is 60% or better If he randomly guesses, what is probability he will pass

Probability [ 1 Answers ]

If I am dealt one card from a standard deck, what is the probability of me being dealt 3 of clubs?

About probability [ 1 Answers ]

i have question about probability ex: P(?)=2.3 i just dont get it. what do i do?help:confused:

Probability ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys I am trying to work a problem similar to this 4 married couples are at a dance. The wives randomly select new partners from the 4 men they are with, what is the probability that no one dances with their spouse for the next dance? PLEASE HELP... I'm completely lost

View more questions Search