Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Aug 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
    Meeting Quotas
    Hi everyone!

Do anyone of you have or had a job where you had to meet a quota?

If so, how did you like and what are you opinions of it?
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 10, 2010, 06:04 PM

I once applied for a position that needed to fill the position by "quota" - particularly needing a female. I got the job and was often reminded by co-workers that the ONLY reason I got that job was because I was female and that there was a perfectly fine guy they all knew who could do the job blindfolded.

I hated it - not the job but the environment and the supervisors did nothing to stop the harassment, because they felt a woman had no place in their department (it was a respiratory therapy dept and I already had four years experience but the department was run by a rather old-school kind of guy who believed women should be nurses and aides, not therapists).

I lasted two and a half years there.
    Went to work for a state hospital in a totally different position. So I am not in favor of quotas and having to fill them. Although it does give someone a chance, that he/she may not have gotten otherwise because of race or gender. My gripe about it is that at times the less qualified and less able candidate is chosen over one with the necessary skills and training.

There are those who would disagree with me strongly - but everyone has a right to their opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Possible meeting with Ex [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm going to return for Thanksgiving break and my ex will be in town. I want to ask her to coffee so we can talk, because originally we had intended on maintaining some sort of relationship (a relationship that was never really clarified). I thought we had mutually broke up, and she...

After our first meeting. [ 24 Answers ]

Ok. So I joined match.com. I met started chatting with a girl who is the same age, and lives in the same general area as I do. FYI, her and I are both 26 yrs old. Anyway, the conversation on the phone was great. She seemed to share the same interests as I do. These would be education,...

Meeting with ex [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I had a girlfriend of 4 years- things weren't really working. We had some problems in our relationship- but we never really talked about them, as she had a close relative who was terminally ill. It has been 2 months since we have broken up- we both miss each other and have said so....

After first meeting [ 1 Answers ]

My lunch date was OK, but I would like to hear from him again. Should I call or wait for him to call?

Statistics and biased quotas [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I'm graded at my job by how much I sell in seven categories. We lose points when we miss quota, and gain points when we beat quota, weekly. My scores fluctuate wildly, because I'm part-time and only make 20 sales a week, where full-timers make 200 or so sales per week. So, my bosses...

View more questions Search