Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rigved Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Plastic surgery
    I want to know about expenditures of plastic surgery on chickenpox marks on face
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 25, 2006, 04:42 PM
    For a specific answer to this problem, you should consult with your Dermatologist for advice. Information on the scarring from chicken pox is inconclusive.

Some Healthcare professionals classify marks of Chicken Pox as self-limited while others permanent. Self-limited marks takes several weeks to clear up, but some litiature even suggests marks may remain for six months to a year before fading.

The face may heal faster than the torso. Vitamin-E-containing creams may promote healing faster.

However, for acne scars, Determatologist use Dermabrasion or Laser resurfacing, for the removal of scars/marks. You should also ask your Dermatologist if one of theses methods are right for you.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. Dr Amanda Oakley MBChB FRACP, Acne scarring (Online: New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated, 2006) http://www.dermnetnz.org/acne/acne-scarring.html

2. Dr. Rockoff, Chicken pox scars/marks (Online: Medhelp, Inc. 2006)
    http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Dermat...ges/34379.html

3. St. John Health, Chicken Pox (Online: St. John Health, 2006)
    http://www.stjohn.org/HealthInfoLib/swArticle.aspx?2,91

May 9, 2011, 01:26 AM
    Cuts from plastic surgery create scars, too. In fact, I doubt a plastic surgeon would even opt to the job, considering plastic surgery will -depending on how your skin heals- causes more cuts and scar tissue to form. Again, plaease discuss this with your Dermatologist. Only he or she can determine if it is worth all the trouble.

May 9, 2011, 01:26 AM
    Comment on helenajoy's post
    Cuts from plastic surgery create scars, too. In fact, I doubt a plastic surgeon would even opt to the job, considering plastic surgery will -depending on how your skin heals- causes more cuts and scar tissue to form. Again, plaease discuss this with your Dermatologist. Only he or she can determine if it is worth all the trouble.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2011, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rigved View Post
    i want to know about expenditures of plastic surgery on chickenpox marks on face

Are you asking about filler injections which Physicians in my area are now using for indented spots?

EDIT: Just noticed this is reopened from 2006 - sure OP has figured it out by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fusion surgery [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,I suffer from degenerative disc disease and am contemplating fusion surgery (L3-4,L4-5)and would like to hear anyone's success/failure stories.Thx.

TMJ surgery? [ 4 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with TMJ a few years ago and was told that I would need to get surgery to correct it. The pain comes a few times a year but its nothing serious but you can tell that my jaw is moving and my top teeth don't touch my bottom teeth(partly because I was a finger sucker when I was...

Plastic surgery [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing a lot of research on plastic sergery in Brazil. The dr. I have been talking to seems really great but I don't know him and Brazil is a long ways from the U.S.A. I have seen his before and after pictures and they look amazing and I have done a lot of work in losing 140 lbs and I...

View more questions Search