Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davekaren Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 04:12 PM
    Wire
    How do I wire thrmostat with 4 wire. Ac outside has own transformer and heat inside has transformer
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 04:39 PM

Most AC's have a transformer in Inside unit, through thermostat, then out to compressor contactor, no need for an outside transformer, unless it is used to power an electronic control/diagnostic board of some sort.
    Verify it is not a transformer, but a contactor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain which wire is ground wire when you have 2 black wires and 1 white wire [ 5 Answers ]

Explain which wire is ground when you have 2 black wires and 1 white wire

Black wire red wire and white wire spliced to 10/3 on a 220 circuit [ 25 Answers ]

I have installed a disconnect between my dryer receptable and a tanning bed. I want to splice the 10/3 box wire to the existing 220 wiring at the dryer. Dryer= red, black, white and bare ground wires 10/3 wire= black, white, and bare ground How do I splice these to allow the disconnect box to...

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

View more questions Search