Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 29, 2010, 01:29 PM
    The words of Jesus
    Does the Koran (sp?) record the words of Jesus?

Aug 30, 2010, 10:06 AM

Hellooooo?

Isn't there anyone here who can answer my question?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 03:07 AM

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay, but as this is the month of Ramadan, I don't get online much.

Could you explain what you mean by record the words?

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 03:29 AM
    This may help: is jesus in the koran? - Google Search

Sep 1, 2010, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    hi,
    sorry for the delay, but as this is the month of Ramadan, I dont get online much.

Could you explain what you mean by record the words?

Is Jesus quoted in the Koran?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Check some of the links I posted, it's all there.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Here are some transliterated verses from the Quran regarding Isa/Jesus (alaihi salaam)

Quran Surah (Chapter) Aal-e-Imran [3:52]
    "Then when 'Īsā (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allâh's Cause?" Al-Hawâriyyűn (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of Allâh; we believe in Allâh, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allâh)."

Quran Surah Al-Maeda [5:72]
    "Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allâh is the Messiah Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah Īsā(Jesus) said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allâh, then Allâh has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zâliműn (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers."

Quran Surah Maryam [19:30]
    "He ['Īsā (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allâh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

Quran Surah Al-Maeda [5:112]
    "(Remember) when Al-Hawârîyyűn (the disciples) said: "O 'Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Can your Lord send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?" 'Īsā (Jesus) said: "Fear Allâh, if you are indeed believers."

Quran Surah Al-Maeda [5:114]
    'Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Allâh, our Lord! Send us from heaven a table spread (with food) that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a festival and a sign from You; and provide us sustenance, for You are the Best of sustainers."

Quran Surah Az-Zukhruf [43:63]

"And when 'Īsā (Jesus) came with (Our) clear Proofs, he said: "I have come to you with Al-Hikmah (Prophethood), and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) in which you differ, Therefore fear Allâh and obey me,"

-------------------------

Sep 11, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Thanks for the reply, Firm.

Quran Surah Al-Maeda [5:72]
    "Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allâh is the Messiah Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah Īsā(Jesus) said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allâh, then Allâh has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the ZâlimÝn (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers."

John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father for my Father is greater than I."

John 20:17 "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend to my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God. (Comment: Jesus never claimed to be the Father.)

However, Jesus DID claim equality with The Father.

John 10:30 "I and my Father are one"

Quran Surah Maryam [19:30]
    "He ['Īsā (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allâh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;" (Comment: this does not conflict in principle with what we find in the Bible.)

Quran Surah Al-Maeda [5:112]
    "(Remember) when Al-HawârÎyyÝn (the disciples) said: "O 'Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Can your Lord send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?" 'Īsā (Jesus) said: "Fear Allâh, if you are indeed believers."

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all record the miracle when Jesus fed 5,000 men plus women and children from a child's lunch.

It looks to me like what you have of the words of Jesus may not be wrong, but may be incomplete. Consider reading the four gospels, the first few chapters of the Book of Acts and the Book of Revelation to rouind out your understanding of Jesus the Christ.

Since the Quran identifies Jesus as a prophet of God, we need to know as much as possible all the words He spoke.

Do you have any explanation for this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 08:14 PM

Don't confuse the concept of the Jesus in the Koran and the Jesus of the bible, a total different direction, They would look at Jesus the way we may of Abraham or perhaps even Paul, a blessed messager from God but not the Savior. Just that merely a prophet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Before Jesus [ 84 Answers ]

The question came to my mind after reading an email from my friend who is non-Christian. In the email he said that people were going to heaven even before Christ came on this earth. I know that there is no way we can go to heaven except through Jesus. I do not doubt it. Just curious to know that...

Who is Jesus to you? [ 175 Answers ]

Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? No trick, just want to discuss...

About Jesus [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking for some resources to get more information and strategies to debate with a Spiritualist about Lord Jesus.

Why jesus [ 31 Answers ]

Why christain people pray to jesus when there is the creator of jesus?

Jesus is a way ? [ 54 Answers ]

If jesus christ is the only way as the bible says. What is the fate of millions of people born into other religions as it seems thatmost peoples beliefs are as a result of the fact that they were born into a particular faith and their parents thought them to follow that faith?

View more questions Search