Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidwebbs Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 09:15 AM
    Need a second opinion
    Hi,

I own a 1997 Honda Civic and I'm looking at buying winter tires.

The ones I'm looking at are Toyo Observe G2. They've been used approximately 1,000km for one season, are on rims and are balanced.

He's asking $300.

I admit, I know nothing about tires as I've just bought my first car and am learning a lot.

Just wondering if this is a good deal.

Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 12:20 PM

Says 1,000 km... I bet its closer to 10,000km. All you have is his word. People trying to sell stuff, particularly used stuff have been know to stretch the truth quite often.

Winter tires are worn beyond the point they provide good traction well before they are 50% worn out which is LONG before you get to the wear bars.

For 2 tires... thats highway robbery... even for 4 used ones that's not all that good of a deal. Unless you have a tire depth gauge and can compare the center and two outside measurments to a brand new tire that's never been mounted.

What do those tires cost new in your area? Judging a good deal or not sight unseen is essentually impossible to do.

I'll spend a few bucks more and KNOW the tires I get have little wear rather than a substantial percentage of new cost and not really know for cetain how much they are used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I have your opinion on this? [ 5 Answers ]

We got a puppy which is 8 weeks old from a guy yesterday whom we nicknamed Bella because she was the color of the bella hardwood floors. We got her home and found that she had two ticks on her that were embedded in her and also that she was INFESTED with fleas. We gave her a bath in flea and...

Do I need a second opinion? [ 1 Answers ]

My six month old daughter has this green gummy stuff in her eyes. It prevents her from opening her eyes after sleeping most times. Underneath her eye also gets red, irratated and swolen. This is not the first time it has happened, and usually happens along with a cold, or this time, teething... ...

Your opinion here. [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get a bunch of T shirts made up this spring With my website on the front pocket Back: American doing jobs American's won't do Will work for________

Need some help / opinion [ 16 Answers ]

I've been swimming at the university pool since July and sort of known this boy. It took him a couple of weeks of saying 'hi' and chit chat to ask for my number and ask if I wanted to have lunch (that was August). Although we agreed to meet up (weeks later), he didn't show up... and had some...

View more questions Search