Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zappy Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 12:50 AM
    I feel stupid, I think there's something wrong with me
    I think everybody got on the "Smart Train" and I missed it. Everybody seems to get everything so well, however, I don't understand ANYTHING. I failed Biology this semester. I've never got above a 70 in science all my life. Its terrible. I failed with a 68. I just don't know anything like all the other teenagers do.

Its funny though, because I'm 16 in the 10th grade. Im OLDER then most everyone, yet Im still the stupid one. My attention span is like, 1. I don't think I have ADD though. I just get so bored with it. Or, I'll be interested until the first time I don't understand something, or I just lose interest in the subject. It just gets boring. I think there's something wrong with me. I used to love school... Now I hate it.

I think Im going to quit...
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2006, 01:38 AM
    Since when is a 68 a fail?

That is considered a C+ where I live.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Don't quit. If you think school is boring, wait till you find out what all the jobs you can get without a high school education are like.

What you need to understand is the true force of your will. You are afraid of failure, so you fail to try. While it is true that some people have more aptitude than others for particular subjects, everybody has to focus their attention and concentrate for a considerable period in order to grasp complex ideas. Boredom is just an excuse to let your attention wander. Stop comparing yourself to others and concentrate on what you want to learn. Anybody who can write as well as you do has the capability to understand any subject taught in high school. I don't believe for a minute that you're stupid. If you really focus your attention you can learn everything you need to know. Start small and build on your successes. If you fail on your first try, take it as a challenge and try harder instead of giving up. Somewhere along the line you lost yourself confidence. You have to get it back, and the way to do that is to prove to yourself that you can succeed if you try.

Dec 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
    I just don't GET it! Its really hard and its just too complicated. I used to ask questions until even my TEACHER got annoyed by me, nevertheless the students!!
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Do you have a question?

Dec 25, 2006, 10:33 PM
    No, I mean like, during class and stuff. I've failed the class already... I have to take it again... Which makes me want to quit
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2006, 10:36 PM
    The point is 68 is not a fail.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2006, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zappy
    No, I mean like, during class and stuff. I've failed the class already... I have to take it again... Which makes me want to quit
    Yes, you already said that you feel stupid and want to quit. But the question is, are you going to give up and sink deeper into despair, or apply your will and gain some self-respect and do better next time? Stop focusing on how you failed in the past and start planning to succeed in the future.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2006, 07:13 AM
    You where so close and since you know you must repeat this class, contact your guidance conselor and get a tutor.

Dec 29, 2006, 08:17 PM
    I hired a tutor... I just don't know what to do... Everything has just turned into crap
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 08:22 PM
    Only because you let it. 68 for the final time is not a fail.
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 10:21 PM
    Do what the tutor says... Even if you have to go over it a few times, that's why you hired him. Hang in there.

Dec 30, 2006, 10:19 AM
    I guess so, I guess Im just going through a self esteem issue right now. I just feel like everybody's so "Up there" while I was just left "down there" you know?
    sweet_fantasy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 07:04 PM
    In some places, like where I live, anything under a 70 is a F. That's why he has to redo the class.
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Dec 31, 2006, 07:34 PM
    I'm almost the same way except I might have add for math only works with my grade but you could do something similar my dad created a card game well good luck I failed a grade I'm 11 in 5th grade
    SpecialEd Posts: 30, Reputation: 6

Jan 1, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Before quitting, try moving to the front two rows (not by a window). Less distraction, better hearing, more interest. It worked for me.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2007, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_fantasy
    In some places, like where I live, anything under a 70 is a F. That's why he has to redo the class.
    Where do you live?

And how do you know that the original poster lives in the same place you do?
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Where I came from anything below a 50 was a fail.
    Expert

Jan 2, 2007, 05:03 AM
    I am sure you are not the only student in your school to have problems with one class or another. Don't let it stop you just work at it and do your best and do as the tutor says, you'll be fine.
    random_gal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 05:26 AM
    A ken exactly how yi feel... am 15 an am the stupid 1 as well out of all my palz... they all say its good because I say the stupidest things and make them laugh... but it gets annoyin getting called thick and a stupid ... so I know hw yi feel x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stupid, Stupid Me. [ 13 Answers ]

So I had unprotected sex with someone I knew for a day. I am usually very good about these things but things just got out of control. She went back to the states and I haven't talked to her since nor do I have a way to. I pulled out before I finished but then we continued after that. My question...

How stupid am I? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Okay... here it is... I went out on sat night and had quite a few drinks... I ended up kissing this guy... thats not my problem. I actually like his brother... now my friend has told me that the brother likes me too and now I feel like I have stuffed up everything. I have only met these...

View more questions Search