Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello Im Johnny Cash Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Dec 24, 2006, 11:46 PM
    Can't Delete "Demo" Songs on New MP3 Player
    I can't delete the songs that were already on my MP3 player when I got it. It's an RCA Lyra, and I am using Windows Media Player to delete the songs off, but every time I try to it says that I can't because the file is in use, I don't have access to the location, or there is a problem with my proxy server. I figured that it would be the first problem. However, the file is not in use (I checked to make sure that nothing was playing on the MP3 player). :confused:

Help me, please! If I can't figure this out I'm just taking it back on the 26th...
    linhpn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
    For Windows XP users, you are connecting the device in MTP mode to the computer by default. You will need to set the device to MSC mode, so go to the device menu\Settings\Advanced\Protocol => Press Play/Pause key to select MSC mode which will appear as such on the screen. Reconnect the device to the computer, and you can now see those files and delete them.

DO NOT forget to set the device back to MTP mode when finished, so go to device menu\Setting\Advanced => Select MTP mode.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Pink pill with "watson" and "502" on it [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pill is pink and has watson 502 on it?

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search