Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Aug 29, 2010, 12:47 AM
    Transmisson Problem
    2003 will not go forward in drive, it will go in reverse, it will drive in the low gears 3rd, 2nd and 1st but it will not in drive (it will after the cars been running for awhile but can stop sometimes) What do you think it is:confused:

Transmission filter? Time for a rebuilt one to be put in? The transmission oil was low/ hardly had any at all but once put in drove in drive really well for a while but not anymore it just stops.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 11:59 AM

Time to rebuild your ATX, in all likelihood.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Aug 29, 2010, 02:22 PM
    I have to rebuild her what:eek: lol
    What's an ATX?
    My friend is calling junkyards for her, is he looking for another ATX at the junkyard? Sorry, I'm lost when it comes to cars.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 03:22 PM

Your automatic transmission's (ATX) clutch packs are likely shot. I would either have a competent transmission mechanic rebuild your present ATX or have him install a rebuilt ATX. Honda recommends changing the transmission fluid every 30,000 miles or 24 months, whichever comes first. If you don't do this, or you drive it when the fluid level is low, the ATX dies prematurely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

01 honda accord transmisson repair [ 1 Answers ]

My transmission won't shift into forth gear and it flashes. I have to pull over and turn the engine off and start over.

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

View more questions Search