Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squirl800 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2003, 09:05 PM
    Aids in Africa
    Hi my name is Sarah Georgeson and I'm doing an essay on AIDS in Africa and was wondering if you could answer a couple questions about it that I can't find.

How many people altogether in Africa have died from AIDS?
    What percentage of the African population are infected with AIDS?
    What Percentage of men women and women are infected with aids?
    What is the available medical treatments?
    What is the cost of medical treatments?
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2004, 06:49 AM
    Aids in Africa
    Hi

I am from South Africa and I am involved in the medical sector (Traumacology) at Tygerberg Hospital in the Western Cape.

Firstly, let me say that the stats produced by the Department of health are totally inaccurate as things are being covered over as not to alarm the public.

So the true stats are not available, but I would hazard a guese in suggesting that approximately 10 or more million people are afffected by HIV, the number of people that have developed full blown AIDS is unknown although the last time I heard there are approximately 500 deaths a months.

Retroviral drugs are available to anyone who needs them and are given free to HIV pos patients.

If you come back to me I will look up some of the facts that are been fed to the public for your research if you are interested.
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Feb 16, 2004, 06:11 AM
    Aids in Africa
    Hi Sarah,

I back with some latest stats for you.

It has been statewd that there are 50,000 new HIV positive cases per month in South Africa.

Will keep looking for you.
    kim.sam2006 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
    Hi. You may want to check on sites for specific African nations. The only one I have visited is Burkina Faso's site. There is AIDS infection information on the site.
    As far as medical tx, most get it free through the help of various aid organizations. Medical tx in general: most nations require that the patient pay in full prior to being seen because most cannot afford medical insurance and most do not have a billable address.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AIDS - first reaction [ 4 Answers ]

What is the first reaction when somebody finds out they are HIV+? Do they go through any counseling? Do they start taking medicine right away or do they wait until they start having some symptoms? Are the partners (expartners) contacted and notified of the problem they might have?

Do you know someone with HIV and AIDS [ 6 Answers ]

I have a long timed friend that had contacted the disease either through his fast acting, life of the party, and being just plain pretty and too many people wanted him in all the ways loose. I noticed women given him an eye because he could cook and draw and carries a nice package. Lately, I have...

Q about aids first diagonnas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi would you please just try to explain to me how am I suppose to know or to determine weather the rash I got is just a normal one because of the seesons changing and the dry weathr or its an aids Syndromes note a few mnth ago I interduced to a hot girl and lost control and start making out without...

View more questions Search