Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    razdaz13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 07:49 AM
    How much should I charge to clean new construction home 1200 sq ft./ final clean
    I'm bidding to clean a new construction home 1200 sq ft for final clean-up. How much do I charge? I did a walk through the house and there is tape on the edges of carpet as well as clear plastic cover which seals the top of carpet to be removed, labels on windows, appliances, bathtubs, and toilets. Dust from construction- paint from painting company left behind to be picked up and was told to place the items in garage. I don't want to overbid but want to know an honest amount to charge for the work involved.
    vibrolux54 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2010, 05:10 AM
    Make a guess as to how many hours it will take you to do the work, then multiply that by the hourly wage you want. Then add any overhead (materials, chemicals, etc) and profit (10% minimum) to your price. So if you think you can clean it yourself in 3 days and want to make $20 per hour, figure on 24 hours (8 hours a day x 3 days) x $20 = $480 for labor. For overhead add the cost of your mops, brooms, cleaning materials, etc (maybe $100?) and the time for your paperwork, billing, picking up materials, trash disposal, etc (maybe another $50?). Now your total cost is $680. Then add a reasonable profit (10% would be $68) and your bid price would be $698.
    If you get the job, keep track of your time and material costs to see if you need to make adjustments on the next bid.
    tracygafgen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 08:09 AM
    .10 cent a sq. foot plus $7- $10. Per window
    tracygafgen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vibrolux54 View Post
    Make a guess as to how many hours it will take you to do the work, then multiply that by the hourly wage you want. Then add any overhead (materials, chemicals, etc) and profit (10% minimum) to your price. So if you think you can clean it yourself in 3 days and want to make $20 per hour, figure on 24 hours (8 hours a day x 3 days) x $20 = $480 for labor. For overhead add the cost of your mops, brooms, cleaning materials, etc (maybe $100?) and the time for your paperwork, billing, picking up materials, trash disposal, etc (maybe another $50?). Now your total cost is $680. Then add a reasonable profit (10% would be $68) and your bid price would be $698.
    If you get the job, keep track of your time and material costs to see if you need to make adjustments on the next bid.
    wow!! what state is that price good in? I need to move there. Basically our price of .10cent sq.ft. =$120.00 plus windows. Shouldn't come out over $300. Or you'll lose that house and it shouldn't take 3 days . A good 10 - 15 hours. Also make sure you have bar keepers friend for the rust in the tubs and razors for the paint and windows.they will want the mud removed and stickers . Also some goof off for the paint on the counters.
    carefl1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Wo I justed stared my cleaning business and it is not a easy task.Im learning as I go.I could use your help.
    megankerrigan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 08:38 PM
    Okay I am helpping a friend work on her pricing on her new construction cleaning she is adding on to her business and we seem to be losing money. What is the average cost for clenaing out a new construct in Idaho and do you do the windows and charge extra for them? Or should they be inclused in the per sq ft price?
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jun 29, 2013, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vibrolux54 View Post

"Reasonable profit"? Your labor IS profit after expenses.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jun 29, 2013, 03:10 PM
    I would call a cleaning service and act as a homeowner that needs their house cleaned after renovations and get an idea what they would charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How much do you charge for construction clean up [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about charing to clean a new constrution home aboht 4500 sq ft

I am bidding for a construction clean up have 37,000 sg ft, how much do I charge. [ 7 Answers ]

This will be the final cleaning needs vacuum and moping all and dusting shelves.it's in Florida

I am bidding for a construction clean up have 37,000 sg ft, how much do I charge. [ 1 Answers ]

I am bidding for a construction clean up that have 37,000 sq ft. Need vacuum mopping and lots of dusting. How much do I charge?

How long should it take to clean a new construction home that is 2500 sq ft? [ 43 Answers ]

Hi Clough and Stringer, Could someone please give me a rough idea as to how long it might take to clean a new construction home? I have one that is 2500 sq ft and not sure if I'm fast or half fast. I know there are different circumstances that makes every place different but the adverage is...

How Much Do I Charge on a Post Construction Clean-Up Opportunity? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to find out what to charge on a post construction clean-up opportunity. The building intels 8,400 sf of exterior glass, 775 sf of skylight glass at the top of the atrium , and 4,100 sf of interior glass at the 4 sides of the atrium. I am looking for an estamate of what to charge, the...

View more questions Search