Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmcgarri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 12:59 AM
    What can you do if you are not being paid your restitution?
    I was the victim of a fraud and the lad who was convicted of the crime was ordered to pay restitution. Clearly he has not paid... What should I do? Can I do anything? Any suggestions would be a great help.
    Thanks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 04:25 AM

Hello m:

Write a letter to the judge who sentenced him.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 12:06 PM

Yes, if he is in prison, he will have no way to pay, and if he is on probation, he may or may not be working and to be honest few are able to pay their fines, probation costs and to pay back the person.

Aug 28, 2010, 04:31 PM
    The guy has been out for about a half year and is working. Does this change anything? Is there ways to garnish wages without going through court proceedings?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 04:54 PM

Hello again, m:

If you're LOUD enough, the judge will MAKE him pay or will put him in jail. That is the EASIEST solution. You should have been doing that all along.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 06:14 PM

Yes, constant complaints to the judge in the case.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 06:15 AM

You could also contact his probation officer and ask him when are you going to get your money as you have not received any to date.

And you can write to the Judge about him not paying also stating that you have not received any money to date.

Depending on how much restitution is owed to you the guy can be sent back to jail if he does not pay up before the end of his probation time or be given more probation time in order to pay it off.

How much longer does he have on his probation?

Aug 30, 2010, 12:11 AM

I'm not sure about his probation but the amount owed is 3300.
    Thanks everyone for the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restitution paid can the offender get sued for more [ 4 Answers ]

Once the offender pays restitution can they get sued to pay reparations and more restitution for the same crime ?

I paid taxes for 2007, now have amended refund, what about money I paid [ 1 Answers ]

I paid $4000 with taxes for 2007, now have amended refund of $5300. Should I received back money with an original return I paid?

I was suppose to get paid Thursday December 24, 2009 and still have not been paid. [ 5 Answers ]

My employer was suppose to pay me last Thursday, we were not paid. What are my rights?

What is the law on probation AFTER restitution is paid? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused::confused: Hi. I am about to make my final restitution payment tomorrow. I am a resident of Staten Island. I was sentenced for 3 years probation and restitution. This was my first and only offense. My question is: If you pay the restitution off even just a few months early, is...

View more questions Search