Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shade3shades Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 08:56 PM
    I am getting darker day by day because of sun
    I tan very easily what are the remedies for...

Very difficult to get rid of tan. I use sunblock but it doesn't help much

Arrrrgggggggghh!!
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Aug 28, 2010, 04:07 AM

What sunscreen are you using? It may be a case of trying something else as well as using sun avoidance tactics, i.e wearing a hat, covering up as much as possible, walking in the shady areas, avoiding going out at the hottest periods 11am- 3 pm and in some areas 10 - 4, using an umbrella if you are able to.

In my experience, physical blocks offer better protection from the sun, but tend to leave a caste. I do find that this does fade after a while.
    shade3shades Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    What sunscreen are you using? It may be a case of trying something else as well as using sun avoidance tactics, i.e wearing a hat, covering up as much as possible, walking in the shady areas, avoiding going out at the hottest periods 11am- 3 pm and in some areas 10 - 4, using an umbrella if you are able to.

In my experience, physical blocks offer better protection from the sun, but tend to leave a caste. I do find that this does fade after a while.
    I use sun protection Neutrogena SPF 70. I use these SUN AVOIDING TACTICS problem is I get tan even when sitting in the car... I hate this situation. I have to go to job and work each day it is a struggle for me to wake up and face the skin.
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 28, 2010, 09:17 PM

This is hard for me too and definitely is hard not to get a tan while in the car. Even with tinted windows it doesn't help. Try to wear long sleeves and use the sun visor on your car to adjust it to block the sun.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 1, 2010, 10:36 AM

shade3shades,

You need to look for a sunscreen with a physical block, which I find gives better protection than the chemical ones. And like MySunshine mentioned you need to find different ways of protecting yourself whilst driving. I wear gloves, put kids sun visors on my windows as I don't have tints yet. I cover my chest and neck with a pashmina and make sure that the car visor is angled to give as much protection as possible.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Sep 5, 2010, 12:02 PM

I completely understand your frustration. I found myself trying to organize my classes around what time the sun will be the brightest, just so I can avoid those times. :( I see a lot of Asian women around campus carrying umbrellas... But. I know I will get a lot of weird stares if I ever dared do such a thing. :( I wear make up so I don't put on sunscreen underneath my make up, otherwise it makes it look cakey. :( So I try and just block the sun with my folders or with my hand or run to the shade wherever I see it. I'll find myself switching sides of the street several times in one outing. Lol. Whatever works!
    Mini_Her Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Sep 13, 2010, 11:58 PM

LOL. I use Coppertone sunscreen and it works. But I agree with you guys, my skin has redarkened after lightening so well.
    VangPa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 09:03 PM
    I came across this posting and wanted to share with you some of the products that I am selling for this kind of purpose. I really, don't like to communicate through the internet or through postings, but I just came across this posting and would like to help you take care of some of the issues you are dealing with about dark skin. I myself hate getting dark. I am selling a skin whitening product which is made in Japan and would love to tell you more about it. Did you know that brightening and whitening products first came from Asia? Japanese have specially advanced whitening skin care technology over the years. That is why majority of Asians prefer Japanese products. Even French brands are made from Japan, such as DiorSnow SPF 30 from Dior. I am a beauty consultant and a big fan of skin care products. Let me know if you need any help. You can contact me at [email protected]. I would give you more information about myself, but this is a public domain, I hope you understand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weekly reader selection about the day the sun refused to shine [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to recall the name and author of a children's book that I once owned. My parents had purchased it through the weekly readers club. It was about the day the sun refused to wake up and a band of animals including a hedgehog go to knock on his door to wake up the sun. Any ideas?

How long dus 3 minutes on the sunbed equal e.g- a day in the sun abroad? [ 2 Answers ]

How long does 3 minutes on the sunbed equal. e.g- a day in the sun abroad? Two days in the sun abroad? Please comment back, thankyouuu xxx

2002 Honda V6 accord won't start after sitting out in hot sun all day [ 2 Answers ]

My 2002 Honda Accord V6 coupe with 118K miles will not start after sitting out in the 80-90 degree heat and sun for 8-9 hours while I am at work. It starts fine in the morning and if left for a while until it gets cooler again, will eventually start. This has happened 2 times in the last 2 weeks....

Face Getting Darker day by day after I came to USA [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My face is getting darker after I came to USA, I am in USA from last 4 years and stayed all the time in cold states, I am getting darker day by day. My another observation is only face is getting darker. I don't use any facial or cold creams.. please suggest...

A day in the world with no sun [ 1 Answers ]

I need a title of the movie from 80's or 90's. Some morning mankind noticed that sun is dying (or is already dead). I remember people of the world, that they were watching breaking news in the TV. Their feelings I can describe as 'calm panic' - they didn't know what will happen to them.

View more questions Search