Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rilind Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 11:58 AM
    What do I have to do to study at a London University ?
    I am a British citezen , but I have been living abroad for 5 years and I finished high school in another country ,so what do I have to do to study in london ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2010, 12:20 PM

I don't understand your confusion - you apply for admission, same as everyone else.

Or am I missing something?

Aug 27, 2010, 12:30 PM

I live in kosovo I am not sure if you know where kosovo is... anyway , I want to know what do I have to do to study in london ? I'm sorry if I am being confusing
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 27, 2010, 12:33 PM
    You have completely missed admission for the next intake and either way you would need outstanding grades in your chosen subject.

UCAS - Home are the people that deal with all UK university admissions.

Aug 27, 2010, 12:48 PM

So there's no chance for me to study in london , because my grades are not outstanding
    BossMan

Aug 27, 2010, 12:53 PM
    This intake year is certainly out.
    There are about TWICE as many students chasing places then there are actual places this year, so the universities can chose only the very best ones.

Aug 27, 2010, 12:55 PM

I'm interested in studying architecture , what about aplying next year ?
    BossMan

Aug 27, 2010, 12:56 PM
    You can try, but, as I said earlier, unless you have OUTSTANDING grades you don't have a chance.

Aug 27, 2010, 01:06 PM

Thank you verry much I needed this info , but what van a guy like me do ? Just give up on uni
    BossMan

Aug 27, 2010, 01:14 PM
    Honestly, yes.
    That isn't the end though as you could try getting a job with an architect firm and go from there.
    Some offer "on the job" training.

Aug 27, 2010, 01:16 PM

thanks again sorry for the trouble =[
    zelophehadwebster Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Aug 27, 2010, 01:24 PM

If you're native English, there are no issues to apply for an admission at London University.
    Samson75 Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Sep 28, 2010, 11:18 PM
    For a British Citizen, there are no issues to get admitted in a London Based University. In your case, as your grades are very low, you'll have to improve them first. Coming session is Spring (January-February) and surely you would not be able to improve your grades during such a short time span. I would suggest you to improve your grades first and consider Fall Intake (September 2011).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is TUI University formerly (Touro University Intl) rec. By US DEPT of ED. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the military and I was thinking of starting a Master's Degree at TUI University. I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time or is this degree going to be useful in the civilian world. i.e. is it recognized and Accredited by the U.S Dept of Education, like maybe IU, PURDUE Or Notre dame?...

Does anyone know of a good study of Indian (South Asian) neighborhoods in London? [ 1 Answers ]

I am particularly looking for a study with an emphasis on identity. I am coming up short on actual London neighborhoods. Most of the studies I have found seem to be from other areas in Britain.

University to study english literature abroad [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want the names of some of the best Australian, us universities to study english literature

View more questions Search