Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joiner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 11:56 AM
    Human resources
    Hi I have a medical and drug/alcohol test soon for a potential job. I am currently taking anti depressant tablets and have been for 4 months and hopefully this will be my last month taking them Now I also have paperwork to fill out which asks about any tablets I'm taking so I can't lie about the AD's as they will show up in my test.
    How will this be viewed do you think as I have been told that I'm one of there preferred candidates.
    Many thanks for any thoughts on this matter.

J
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 27, 2010, 12:01 PM

Nowadays, it seems almost everyone is taking meds for something -- ulcers, depression, OCD, anxiety, migraines, blood pressure. As a mental health professional, I applaud you for taking your meds faithfully and at the correct dosage. That should be in your favor, and not work against you.
    Joiner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 07:18 AM
    Thank you for your reply.
    J
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 03:45 PM

Be certain to disclose that you are taking them. Your shouldn't be required to disclose the reason you are taking them. Now-a-days anti-depressants are given for a variety of illnesses (fibromyalgia, etc.).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Human Resources [ 12 Answers ]

What questions (at least FIVE questions) should we ask related to job and HRIS? Tq

Human resources [ 1 Answers ]

What are the roles of Human Resources manager in employee and industrial relationship with specific emphasis to the union and management relationship in an Organization?

Human Resources [ 7 Answers ]

Hello to you, and thanks again for taking the time to view and answer my questions - this is awsome!! I just found out I’m pregnant (Happy). I went through my employee handbook to find out what is said about maternity leave and to my surprise; there is little to nothing at all. My human...

View more questions Search