Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmerulla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2006, 08:47 AM
    Maytag Washer: Water fill intermittent
    I have a Maytag washer, model number LAT9400AAW; washer is approx 14 yrs old. My problem is that the water fill is intermittent. Sometimes the water fills appropriately, other times the water stops filling, for both hot and cold water. When the water does stops filling intermittently, I hear a buzzing sound from the timer, so there is power. Could my problem be a faulty water inlet valve?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 26, 2006, 07:29 PM
    Im leaning towards a pressure switch. Check the hose conencting the pressure switch. Maybe you can try replacing the hose first, as it will be the cheapest thing to start with. Then, you can try the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirpool washer won't fill [ 3 Answers ]

My 13 yr. old Whirpool washer LA9500XTW1 stopped mid-cycle with the tub full of water. After trying several times to restart by pushing/pulling knob, it started and completed the cycle including rinse and spin, without any problem. But now I can't get it to start a new load on any part of any...

Kenmore Washer Won't Fill on Rinse Cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Everything else is working fine, it fills normal on wash, but not rinse, no matter what cycle such as perm press, ultraclean.

Washer stops after fill [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Kenmore washer that suddenly will not start after it fills. I have to keep spinning the dial and pushing it in/pulling it out several times, then it starts. Once it does start, everything works fine. It has not been moved or had any problems before this.

Leaking (intermittent) Maytag washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag washer (model # MAV6057AWW). It has two main problems which are both intermittent: 1) sometimes I find a large puddle of water under/in front of the machine. It might happen once every month, or two days in a row. 2) more often than the above (but not all the time) it labors...

Kenmore washer continues to fill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a Kenmore Elite Catalyst, model# 110.20052994. About a week ago, it would not drain. I even tried pressing the drain button on the control panel, but it did not work. So, I drained the water by hand and tried to run through another small load cycle. Now, the washer continues to...

View more questions Search