Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckeath Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Need Help On These Historical Photographs
    Hi I have some historical photo's from the Lateran Treaty between Pope Pius XI and Mussolini in 1929. These are real photo's from inside during the signing. I think the only other photo's like this is at the vatican. But please help me with maybe would these be worth getting looked at/appraised and just your opinions.

cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 04:28 PM

Yes they would be worth getting appraised. Also your going to have answers as to the trail they have taken since the pictures came into existence. SO depending on how you acquired them it can make a difference in the value. Also if they are truly original.

Either way they are very nice.

Aug 26, 2010, 04:57 PM

Hi the photographs were a gift from a cardinal who was there at the signing, the photo's are also inside a album with the title Firma Del Concordato, also has some signatures of other cardinals and Pope Pius XI right hand man who signed the treaty in his place which is Francesco Pacelli
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 05:02 PM

Then yes you need everything verified. And then appraised. If for nothing else for insurance purposes. They seem like a very nice family hierloom :)

Aug 28, 2010, 11:13 PM

Hi do you have any idea of some places that may be able to help with appraisal/be looked at? Need some help on where to have them looked at.
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 29, 2010, 04:36 AM

Have you tried asking you insurance company? They may be able to tell you who in your area can do it. You really could use a local appraiser for this so they can see them and grade them and tell you best ways to preserve your treasure.

Aug 30, 2010, 08:11 PM

I asked and since I live in a small town they had no idea where to start. But have contatced a auction house and they are looking into it for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check out these photographs... [ 7 Answers ]

http://alyssamonks.com/popup/popup.asp?sid=519BA2FD-3C2F-4553-8A2A-FC0735E9BB73&imgname=weight.jpg http://www.thetoyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/girlpaintedlooksreal.jpg http://www.thetoyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lunch.jpg...

The top ten historical figures likely to be found in Historical Novels [ 5 Answers ]

What ten historical figures are most likely going to be the ones come across while reading historical novels?

Selling Photographs [ 1 Answers ]

I have photographs of Yosemite National Park. Can I sell copies of these photographs, e.g. make posters or larger images, since they are images taken in a national park? Do I have to get a copyright? Ken:)

Travel Photographs [ 1 Answers ]

Earlier this year I went on a trip to the Middle East. If you are interested in seeing what Iran looks like through an individuals lens and not that of CNN or the White House check out my photos. www.persiatoparis.com Thank you Michael

View more questions Search