Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 09:50 AM
    One 2GB stick vs. two 1GB sticks
    A friend of mine has a Toshiba A135-S4527 laptop and wants to increase her memory; she only has 512MB. Did some checking online and determined she can install up to 2GB memory.

Can anyone tell me what the issue would be if she were to install one 2GB memory stick instead of two 1GB memory sticks? Someone told her she needs to use two sticks to max out the memory and can't use the 2GB stick.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 11:05 AM

This laptop accepts 2GB max and you would have to purchase two 1 GB chips.

Toshiba Satellite A100 Series Satellite A135-S4527  OEMPCWorld Memory Configurator

http://dealnews.com/memory/prices/PC...MS/59/1GB.html

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Memory.../dp/B0009PAZ0Q
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 11:58 AM
    I guess that's my question: why does it have to be two separate sticks?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 27, 2010, 10:53 AM

Because that's the way the laptop was designed. There is no better reason than "that's the way it is" for this laptop.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2010, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    Because that's the way the laptop was designed. There is no better reason than "that's the way it is" for this laptop.
    Alrighty then - thanks for all your help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Verbatim Store & Go 2Gb USB Stick. How do remove the Write-Protection? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Verbatim Store & Go 2GB USB Stick. How do remove the Write-Protection? It does not have a Manual Switch on the stick itself. I can open the USB on my computer, but cannot save anything on it. On other computers, the disk does not want to open. Recently I removed 3 virusses (on the disk,...

Why won't peel and stick tile stick to plywood? [ 2 Answers ]

Why can't we get the peel and stick floor tile to stick to plywood? We tried the primer and adhiesive and a few other things.. nothing works. Is it likely we may have to buy something such as very very thin wood that looks like paneling, I can't remember the name, to cover the floor in and lay it...

1GB RAM and 40 GB Hard Drive is it enough? [ 12 Answers ]

I have recently made a layaway purchase of a Dell laptop 1420 14.1in. I can make upgades to it if needed but I am not sure whether I need to. It is for personal home use and for college. I plan to have music, pictures, and obviously documents stored on it. I am not a gamer. However I do like it to...

Sandisk 2GB with a mac [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a new 2GB sandisk cruzer to transfer songs from itunes in a 2 year old mac to our new mac (laptops). We were using a sandisk 256MG cruzer. It only held about 50 songs. We thought the 2GB would hold 8 times as many songs (at least 7 times as many) but it doesn't. We can get sometimes...

USB 2GB suddenly has only 256MB [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a 2GB USB flash drive yesterday. I transferred only a few files, and then deleted them off the USB. Now when I look at its properties it says 0 items, 256 GB free space, capacity 1.92 GB. It just doesn't make sense. How can I delete this 'missing data' or restore my USB's full...

View more questions Search