Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Dec 24, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Potassium
    This is a hard question to answer. I take a diuretic for high blood pressure (torsemide )
    One time I was rush to the hospital. I had a low potassium level. I know you get potassium
    From many foods. I take chelated Potassium 99mg from the drugstore.Once a day in the morning, with the rest of my blood pressure medications. Whether it’s the Best type of potassium to be taken, I don’t know.

Possibly there is more effective potassium in the market place??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 24, 2006, 07:42 AM
    This is one you need to discuss with your doctor, we don't know what your serum potassium levels are. See a blood test must be taken in order to determine serum potassium levels.

Too low potassium levels can cause heart problems.

Too high potassium levels can cause heart problems.

You really need to discuss this with your doctor as many over-the-counter meds can have additives that may not sit well with your other current meds.
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Apr 25, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    This is one you need to discuss with your doctor, we don't know what your serum potassium levels are. See a blood test must be taken in order to determine serum potassium levels.

Too low potassium levels can cause heart problems.

Too high potassium levels can cause heart problems.

You really need to discuss this with your doctor as many over-the-counter meds can have additives that may not sit well with your other current meds.
    I agree. You doctor would be your best bet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search