Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mholbert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 05:47 AM
    Contra revenue account Who would you question if it was not a mistake
    Your merchandise inventory have been corrected, your sales proceeds (sales, COGS & returns) have been recorded. This is to record payments for your outstanding AR. Who would you question if it was not a mistake?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 11:46 AM

If inventory was corrected, then you need to question the person that conducted the first inventory.
    Also you need to question the person that posted the first inventory into your records.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 08:27 PM

I don't even get it. Your title mentioned contra revenue, which could be your returns. If there's not a mistake, why are you questioning anyone?

"This is to record payments for your outstanding AR." This what? Is this somehow related to the mistake that isn't a mistake? Are you recording this entry? How is a payment of outstanding AR related to inventory mistakes?

You can question the people who had anything to do with inventory, but I find the post thoroughly confusing because I don't see what the rest of it has to do with correcting inventory, nor do I see how recording payments of AR has to do with anything else. It's like a big mishmash of information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contra account entry for cash write off [ 1 Answers ]

I want to write off cash what entries should I pass in journal or what is contra account for cash write off?

Asset account and its contra account balance is called? [ 2 Answers ]

I was unable to fined the answer to this question in my learning material. Thank you in advance for any help with this question.:)

Contra account? [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone please give me a simple example/s of contra account and a simple explanation of what it is. Thanks

Revenue account [ 1 Answers ]

When closing a revenue account is unearned revenue added to revenue?

View more questions Search