Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubysoledad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 02:32 AM
    Wood or aluminum blinds which are best?
    I would be grateful for comments as to what is best for large windows - wooden or aluminum venetian blinds? I was told condensation may damage wooden blinds (paint and wood rotting) also operation of blinds - the weight of wooden blinds will cause problems with the cords.
    Thanks in advance for your comments
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 03:46 AM
    I have all wood blinds for my lower floor windows, there has been no problems with anything like condensation or rot much less binding of the cords... you get what you invest in.The best thing I would suggest is to get a superior finish(and written warranty)on them, and from a reputable dealer.

Aluminum can and will bend.

For vertical blinds,maybe vinyl is good for the lightweight value and ease of replacement.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 01:21 PM

You can get composite polyfoam(non wood) blinds that are lighter than wood, no painting, no rot. We have had these on all sides of our house with no problems. Windows larger than 36W usually have 3 lift strings to lower the weight on each string.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curtains or blinds ? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know which will be the best to buy new curtains or to change to blinds, if I choose blinds I want to hang a chiffon curtain on top as well. Advice ?

Wood, Vinyl or Aluminum Mini Blinds? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi... I'm planning on installing mini blinds in my living room, which faces South. Since the blinds will receive full sun, which would be my best pick... wood, vinyl or aluminum? I'd love to get wood, but I'm concerned about them not standing up to the direct sun. Anyone have any...

Can mold in wood be stopped by covering it with aluminum [ 3 Answers ]

Will molded wood stop molding/rotting after its covered by aluminum to shield it from weather ?

If 8.1g of aluminum metal occupies 3.0mL, what is the density of aluminum? [ 1 Answers ]

If 8.1g of aluminum metal occupies 3.0mL, what is the density of aluminum?

Trimming Blinds [ 2 Answers ]

How would I go about trimming bamboo roman shades without damaging them? I have 2 windows that are not exactly 72" so I need to cut about 1/2 to 3/4" off both blinds.

View more questions Search