Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephenia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 08:26 PM
    Home study careers in New York
    I attended a home study school back in 1999 for a general high school diploma but now I found out that the school is closed and need a transcript.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 11:59 PM
    Hi, stephenia!

What was the name of the school, please?

Thanks!
    latashascott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Home study careers address 844 n broadway massapequa,New York 11758
    gwenmcgoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 05:31 PM
    I too have receive a g.e.d from this school and in need of a transcript,or what I need to do to get some answers the number so not working any more 516 593 7556 is not working who can help with this problem.
    swanson560 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Unfortunately I received my G.E.D. from here too... What it boils down to is we are all pretty much screwed. New York Board of Education does not acknowledge this as an accredited school and our G.E.D. is not legit. We have to redo everything.
    Justsaying2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 01:20 PM
    I have been looking into this same matter and found that it was a scam. They were investigated by the NY Attorney Generals Office. They had to shut down. The diploma doesn't even say GED, it says "Certificate". Whoever took that course has to find a ligit school and take the GED all over again. Contact the NY Attorney General's for help @1-800-771-7755. I hope this helps, sorry...
    marihaynes24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 10:47 AM
    The attorney general shut them down finding them to be fraud therefore ordered them to pay $30,000 consumers (us) and $20.000 in fines to the state. I was wondering if anybody had gotten $180-200 back for the tuition we paid? I was truing to contact the A.G in N.Y to find out if I can still file a complain, anybody else filling a complain at this time?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I go back to study or stay home? [ 8 Answers ]

I am a mother of three and have been working since out of high school, although I have tried to go back to school but always fail to complete my studies I guess I use the "my children getting sick during the winter excuse!" (but it is true) I would like to go back to University and finish but when...

Home office careers [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find companies that would allow me to work from home?

What do I need to do for a home study? [ 2 Answers ]

This will hopefully be a slam dunk for us in comparison to my ex's house, but I need to make sure. Please tell me everything they will be looking for! Also, are they going to talk to my other children? I have a 6 yr old who tells stories like you wouldn't believe!

Seton Home Study School [ 8 Answers ]

This is a Catholic Home School course. I am trying to find out as much about them as can. I have went over almost every line on every page on their site and all of the links. I am trying to find someone that has perhaps had experience with them or know people that have used them.

Adoption home study process? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me about the adoption home study what sort of questions will we be asked and how long does it all take we live in nottingham in england x

View more questions Search