Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vivianastridge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 09:27 PM
    Colored Flame Candle
    How to get colored flame from liquid fuel ?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2006, 03:41 AM
    Normally a coloured flame is achieved by putting a metal over a flame, for example you can get a green flame by putting some copper halide in the flame, or potassium will give a nice lilac flame.

This is caused by the present ions in the metal, which have their own absorptive and emissive spectra, giving this colour.

I have seen some lighters that use this method to produce different color flames.

I hope this is what you are looking for - please let me know if it isn't.

More info here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Colored Dye For Oil to Detect Leaks [ 2 Answers ]

My company wants to use colored dye in our oils/lubricates to determine what machines the leaks are coming from. I have found one company that supplies a liquid dye in two colors, blue & red. We were hoping for a little more choice of colors. I have heard of a possible powdered dye for this use but...

I recently got my colored my hair to a dark brown [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently went to a salon and wanted to color my hair, my hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown hair color but I had light blonde highlites all over my head and so ia sked my hait stylist if he could dye my hair a light brown so it could be the closest possible hair colour to my...

More ideas for candle crafts? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a candle business and we make some pretty cool candle crafts like votive roses and scented animals but I would love some more ideas. Any ideas are appreciated!

Orange colored hair [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter got her hair color darkened a few months ago. However, now it is looking very dry and has an orange hue to it. She is a swimmer and had just begun swimming practice daily, so she gets exposed to chlorine everyday. Is there anything we can do for her hair to get that orange cast off...

Different Colored Filenames [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, this is probably so obvious, and this is definitely something I should know with how much I work on computers... but here it is... In my folders and drives some of the file names are blue, but most are black... Why are my file names suddenly blue? I am running Windows XP Home...

View more questions Search