Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bruce92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 03:53 PM
    Rerouting toilet drain in a second floor condo, would like to move the toilet 2 feet?
    Hi All,
    I just purchased a condo and would like to reposition the toilet about two feet to make room for a tub and separate shower. I am on the second floor of a 3 story condo unit built in 1982. It is cinderblock and stucco and I assume concrete slabs between each floor. I know I will need to get this through the Home Owners Association and think it may be a battle due to the potential of interfering with my neighbors above drainage. I just want to know if it is feasible at this point or should I redraw my plans?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2010, 04:34 PM

I just want to know if it is feasible at this point or should I redraw my plans?
    Yes it's doable but before you do anything run this past the Condo Association.
    This won't impact you as much as it will your first floor neighbor since it's his bathroom ceiling that will be torn up to get at your drainage.
    What do you wish to install that requires you to move your toilet. Good luck Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prep toilet and sink drain holes in floor after permanent removal of toilet and sink. [ 0 Answers ]

I am planning on removing a toilet and sink that are on each side of a half bath that is connected to pantry. Wife wants to use room for xtra fridge where sink is and shelving unit where toilet is. Since doing all this thought I may as well use as opportunity to replace linoleum in old bath and...

Move toilet 3 feet over concrete slab, building platform [ 6 Answers ]

I know there have been many other posts about moving toilets, which have been quite helpful, but I'm posting this to get additional info for my particular project. The renovation is for a 60"x90" bathroom that currently has an unnecessarily large vanity and the toilet as a focal point. See...

Moving or rerouting a toilet vent [ 13 Answers ]

I have a little privacy wall off to the side of the toilet in a 1/2 bath. We want to take the privacy wall out, and wouldn't you know it, that is where the toilet vent pipe is. Best I can tell (haven't stripped down the privacy wall yet), the pipe runs down into the foundation and connects up...

Can a toilet and a floor drain share a drain line? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Right now we have a main 4" cast iron sewer pipe running under our basement floor. The very last fixture on the run is a toilet. Can I remove the toilet, replace the final 90 degree elbow with a tee and replace the toilet in the same place, then extend the line a couple feet further and...

Move toilet 4 feet [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a second floor bathroom that is 6 feet wide. Toilet is on left side wall and looks to be a foot away from wall. I want to move toilet to the right side wall. So this would require a move of about 4 feet. Two things need to happen of course: water supply must be available and the...

View more questions Search