Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGGS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 07:08 PM
    Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds.?
    I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 23, 2006, 08:16 PM
    Best thing in the world is self control. It all depends on the pain meds you are addicted to. However, most of them have side-effects of their own.
    MycheleXoXo Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGGS
    I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.
    I only know of one... the name of it is Suboxone and you can only get it from a doctor...
    The main thing though, like J_9 stated, is going to come from you. The pill, from what I've read, is to help you with the withdrawal symptoms when you do stop taking the pain meds. (again from what I've read... by no means an expert here)-Much is going to depend on your willingness to stop, how much you've been taking, what meds, and for how long... ONLY a doc. Can determine the dosage and for how long you'll need this med. And kicking an addiction... any addiction, is not something you can really do alone... And NO pill will kick the addiction for you... it's just a way to avoid some of the pain and basic wretchedness you may feel from your body being physiologically addicted as well. What I read also stated that you may get other meds. From your prescribing doc. To help with other things as well... not sure though... this is all I really know about it.

Word of warning... do NOT get this med anywhere but a doctor... it can be dangerous and if not taken the right way will send you into severe withdrawal like symptoms... it's just like any other drug... unless prescribed, it could be dangerous/lethal.

I hope you're able to find help in kickin' this addiction! I'll keep you in my prayers and if you ever want to talk or have questions, feel free talk at me. (I do have experience as far as I've got several family members currently trying to kick addictions: from alcohol to food to self-sabotaging behaviors... at the very least I'm a good listener and sounding board:) )

Good Luck!
    XoXo
    Mychele
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 04:00 PM
    What is your pain from? Try figuring that out and it may help.
    Food allergies or too much sugar and caffeine give some people aches. I get achy from the food additive MSG.
    foxigirl83 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2008, 09:38 PM
    The only substances that are really on the market for opioid abuse are suboxine & methadone but you really need to talk to a physician before you enter into either. There are many people that argue back and forth whether these meds are really more helpful in the long run rather than simply detoxing in the safety of a hospitol. Synthetic opioids like methadone are also very addictive although they do suppress withdrawl you are more so just putting it off because you have to keep taking the methadone to avoid the inevitable so don't step into any of this lightly. I chose the methadone program after years of trying to quit backfired. I guess I'm a weak person though, so if you can be very strong & get through this I recommend you detox. I know that if I were the person I want to be someday I would be done with my program and completely clean so address your issues with acounselor & a doctor before you rush into getting addicted to another prescription remedy. If you are young you'd be better off staying away from all of this garbage.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 09:50 AM
    If I had it to do over, I would go off the fentanyl patch (an opioid prescribed for pain) without going on methadone. Going off the fentanyl patch was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kick out my 18 yr old stepdaughter [ 13 Answers ]

How do I legal have my 18 year old stepdaughter removed from my house.. All she does is eat ,sleep and party... shes on juvy probation, mother won't help tries to protect her no matter what she does... a spoiled brat who can't hold a job nor has she finished school... my love for her mom may not...

My boyfriend stopped taking his meds... again [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there... I am new to this forum, to any forum for that matter... But, I need to get some outside advice on this one My boyfriend has been taking citalopram pretty much since I met him a year and a half ago. About 4 months ago, he stopped taking his pill and was fine for a week or so, then got...

Refusal to take pain meds when dying [ 3 Answers ]

Not a question, but a perspective I had not thought about. I attended the wake of a friend's mother yesterday. She had terminal cancer, fought the fight, and eventually lost. We found out about her passing on the way to my wife's aunt's funeral, another cancer victim. At the wake, her...

A/c compressor won't kick in [ 4 Answers ]

I have a window a/c unit with a compressor that won't kick in. I took the unit apart and noticed the control wire on the compressor looked burnt and corroded. I took the wire off and put a new connector on, but still no go. I noticed however when I left the control wire disconnected I could hear...

Worried about heartworm meds. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone - I have three dachshunds which I monthly give Sentinel heartworm treatment pills. My problem is that I am almost a month behind on their treatment because my vet will not authorize the prescription until she has now tested all three for heartworm - an idea that would have been...

View more questions Search