Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MWilken Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2010, 12:49 PM
    My Network drive have a red X, how can I connect to the Network
    At work I have a Dell Computer with Vista and some times when I click on Computer and want to get to a Network Drive, it has a red X, how can I connect back to it, we don't have a COmputer person, please Help!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 25, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Have you actually double clicked it to see if Windows is just "confused" ?
    I see this happen a bit and simply opening the drive re-enables the connection.

If this doesn't work can you give use more information to work with.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 03:32 PM

Since this is for work, is this something you're allowed to be doing? Does it always done this and always ask for a password, or just random?
    MWilken Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2010, 04:59 PM
    I got it done, I just had forgotten how, I am not some Idiot of the Street!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MWilken View Post
    I got it done, I just had forgotten how, I am not some Idiot of the Street!
    Hi,

You could post what you had done to resolve issue as hopefully will be able to help someone else who may run into similar situation.

Your call, thanks.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 07:00 PM

No one said you were an idiot. Don't have a hissy because people don't have ESP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mapping network drive over wired/wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a problem and have been looking for an answer for a week or two now. I hope someone here can help me because it's hard for our business to function without this mapped drive. Here's the deal. I manage my company's network, which was until recently shared between two buildings by...

Connect to network [ 4 Answers ]

I have a desktop PC with windows vista and I can't setup the network shareing.I have a att modum and router along with three wireless laptops in the houlsehold,I'm using a 2wire usb adapter with install cd but evertime I run it to connect to the network nothing happens it seems to not be able to...

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network(says none available)network isgood [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network (says none available) network is good I have another that is working fine. I

How to connect through a network? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there.. I don't know if I'm in the right section but I would like to ask a few questions about remote servers.If I want to link to my company computer via a remote server,is there free programs that I can use to set up a network? Which program is the best to use between hamatchi and...

View more questions Search