Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ka4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 05:43 PM
    Could I be pregnant? Only on birth control 7 days :/
    I'm 19 and just started birth control pills for the first time - Ortho TriCyclen Lo. I had unprotected sex for the first time on the night that I took the 8th pill. I heard that it takes 7 days for it to be effective and technically it was 7 days, but was it cutting it too close? What are the chances that I'm pregnant? :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 23, 2006, 05:53 PM
    Well, I can't tell you what your chances are, because each woman is different. However, to play it safe, you need to consider yourself unprotected for up to 30 days when you first start the pill. I know what your doctor and/or the directions for the pill say, but to play it safe 30 days is the safest.

Chances? I am unable to predict. I had my oldest 2 children while on the pill, and I took it every day at the same time. So if you do not want to get pregnant you need to understand that there are still risks of pregnancy no matter what method of birth control you use.
    racquelz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Well should have let it take about a week to get in your system there could be a chance u are pargent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed 3 days of birth control, unprotected! Help me! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey.. well I was on birth control for about 3 months. I had sex with my boyfriend unprotected 2 days after I stopped taking the pills. I had about a day and a half of very light bleeding and I'm afraid it means implantation.Now this all happened about a week ago. Today as of 11/17/05.. I've thrown...

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

On birth control pill.. But could I be pregnant.. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm on the birth control pill, and I have been for 4 months now, and most of the time, I take it. If I forget it, I avoid having sex with my boyfriend.. But I missed a pill rcently, and had sex the next day, but my boyfriend didn't ejaculate inside of me.. It's been about 4 days now.. and I...

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

View more questions Search