Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhardenbrook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 07:18 AM
    Plumbing installation in granny flat
    I have a 400 sq ft. room next to my carport I am wanting to convert to a granny flat.

There is electricity but no water or plumbing.

I am on a septic with city water.

How is a toilet drain line tied into the septic? Where does the water get tied into?

I realize I will need to hire this done but I want to have some idea of what needs to be done so that when the plumber is talking to me I will know if he is not trying to charge me for things I don't need.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2010, 07:32 AM

Here's a typical drainage rough in, (see image) Will the hot and cold water be furnished from your place or will this be a separate system?
    Let me know, Tom
    Attached Images

mhardenbrook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 07:53 AM

I had planned on putting in a water heater but the water will come from my house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My granny died, my inspiration I need her back and don't know what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

Im 13 yrs old and my gran died not long ago. she was always there for me and I don't know what to do. she became a fann of the alcohol when her husband died(before I was born he was dead along with both my dads parents so she was and still is so special to me) eventually the alcohol gave her a...

Plumbing drain installation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bathroom with shower tub on the right and vanity on the left of the toilet, I am planing to install a washer and dryer machine right by the shower tub. The question is can I hook up the washer machine drain to the lower section of the toilet drain which is 3" and have no problem?

Plumbing- toilet installation [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing an upflush toilet. When installing the vent pipe, must I go straight up through the roof or can I put a bend in it?

Basement Flat plumbing regulations and options [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I live in a 1 bed basement flat at the mo with the kitchen and bathroom both on sani-flo as we are below the level of the mains. We want to convert the flat to 2 bed, 2 bath but now the regulations have changed and we've been told (by friends as opposed to the building regs...

View more questions Search