Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krawling35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Carrot TOP
    I Just dyed my hair "reddish brown" but the top turned out RED/orange (just imagine CarrotTop or Bobo the clown) and the bottom is the correct reddish brown color... my natural color is a medium brown with red undertones.

I haven't dyed my hair in over a year, but this has never happened to me before...

What can I do to fade it?? :confused:
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2006, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krawling35
    I Just dyed my hair "reddish brown" but the top turned out RED/orange (just imagine CarrotTop or Bobo the clown) and the bottom is the correct reddish brown color... my natural color is a medium brown with red undertones.

I haven't dyed my hair in over a year, but this has never happened to me before...

What can I do to fade it???? :confused:
    Go to sallys beauty supply and get some color correct, or go to a color that will take out the red, pick a color with no red tones.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 24, 2006, 09:44 PM
    Keep in mind that dark hair has a lot of red pigment in it. If you apply a permanent color on dark hair, it will turn your hair a red/orange shade. Since your hair is a red/orange color, you don't need to fade it. If you want to your hair to look brown without the red/orange tones, you can use a medium ash brown hair color. But, if you want to a reddish brown color, try re-coloring the top with a dark reddish brown hair color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roll Top Desk [ 2 Answers ]

How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed. How do I get the right drawers open?

Roof top decks [ 2 Answers ]

Our new apt. in NYC has roof rights. We are allowed to build on our area, which I really want to do, but I can't find info on building a deck on a roof. Most books, advice columns, etc are about decks that are built in a yard. Can anyone recommend info specifically on building roof decks in...

Lap top help [ 7 Answers ]

I got this lap top for Christmas and need someone to check it over. I am sending all the info about it. It is "slow". And the username is not mine--how do I change that? What can I put in it to go faster---or take out? Gloria ...

Top 10 Online brokerages [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find out who the top 10 most used online brokerages are?

Oil top-up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I bought my new car in September of last year, and it obviously came with the oil that the company (vauxhall) put it. But I have topped it up with a different make of oil. This should be OK shouldn't it ?

View more questions Search