Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdevorce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 05:58 AM
    Failure to yield ticket
    I was involued in a car accident a little less than a month ago. I had just dropped my daughter off at work and preceded to pull out the building where there is incoming traffic. There is two lanes going west and two going east. I stopped looked to my left seen no cars. Looked to my right seen cars but where further down the road. Preceded to go into traffic headed east to get in the middle lane. Before I made it I was hit on the driverside by another vehicle. I was given the ticket for failure to yield. While the police was there to investagate he didn't look at the vehicle I was in. Nor did he get a statement from my witness that was in the car with me. After the accident I had enough time to go see how the other person was, leave her go back to my vehicle, smoke a cigarette and go back to the other party to speak with the fire department before "her witness showed up". When her witness showed up there, they asked my witness was the other party admitting gulit because he was a witness. He didn't even realize he was talking to people that was also involved in the accident. Should I fight this?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pdevorce View Post
    I was involued in a car accident alittle less than a month ago. I had just dropped my daughter off at work and preceeded to pull out the building where there is incoming traffic. There is two lanes going west and two going east. i stopped looked to my left seen no cars. Looked to my right seen cars but where futher down the road. Preceeded to go into traffic headed east to get in the middle lane. Before i made it i was hit on the driverside by another vehicle. I was given the ticket for failure to yield. While the police was there to investagate he didnt look at the vehicle i was in. Nor did he get a statement from my witness that was in the car with me. After the accident i had enough time to go see how the other person was, leave her go back to my vehicle, smoke a cigarette and go back to the other party to speak with the fire department before "her witness showed up". When her witness showed up there, they asked my witness was the other party admitting gulit because he was a witness. He didnt even realize he was talking to people that was also involved in the accident. Should i fight this?
    Well, by your own admission YOU were at fault (the damage proves it as well). You were in the process of changing lanes and the person in that lane ALWAYS has the right of way over the person changing lanes or pulling out from a parking lot into it.

You clearly didn't look too well as if nothing was there then who hit you when you came over? In traffic its really not hard to make that mistake.

You can always try and fight it... but having fought a LOT in traffic court over the years... I think your odds of winning are pretty remote. Considering you will pay court costs AND have to take time off work for a longshot, unless the points are going to put you over the top and get you a suspension... it may not be worth fighting.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 25, 2010, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pdevorce View Post
    ... When her witness showed up there, they asked my witness was the other party admitting gulit because he was a witness. He didnt even realize he was talking to people that was also involved in the accident. Should i fight this?
    What did "your" witness say?
    pdevorce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    What did "your" witness say?
    My witness was not questioned. He only took down there name, address and telephone numbers. If I were to go to driver school would the ticket go away?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2010, 08:21 AM

No, but the points attached to the ticket might. Depends on the laws in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failure to yield ticket question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got a failure to yield ticket yesterday and I don't know whether to fight it or not so I was wondering if someone could help me out. Basically I was trying to make a left at an intersection on to a somewhat busy road and couldn't really see because there was a parked car somewhat blocking my...

Unfair Failure to yield ticket [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, Last night I got a ticket for failure to yield left turn. I was making a left turn on the green and there was a cab driver in front of me... A cop car passed us from the incoming traffic and as soon as he passed me he turned his car (before making a left turn). After the cab driver...

FHelp with failure to stop or yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I recently received a failure to stop or yield ticket in NJ. I was on my way home from starbucks at 2am when I was making a left turn onto a 2 lane street. I was on a hill with the nose of my car pointing upwards. I was stopped at the stop sign for a solid 1 minute while changing CD's and BSing...

How do I fight a failure to yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident this weekend and I think I'm innocent. I pulled up to a stop sign- checked traffic in both directions- saw nothing and proceeded through the intersection. Half way through, a fast moving car came into the intersection. I gassed it to get through asap but the girl...

Failure to yield. Would you fight this ticket? [ 9 Answers ]

A few days ago I was issued a ticket for Failing to Yield, which resulted in an accident. I was pulling left out of a private drive, onto a road with 2 north bound lanes, 2 south bound lanes, and a turning lane. When I approached the end of the driveway an extended bus pulled up to turn down the...

View more questions Search