Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msylady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 03:53 PM
    I have an above ground pool. When the filter is on the pressure usually stays around 30. Now it is registering as high as the gauge will go. I lost my manuals in Katrina. Can anyone help?

Sorry.. the pressure usually stays at 15 now it is as high as it will register!
    Bgd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 08:16 AM
    When the pump is turned off the does the gauge return to zero? Gauges can wear out after a while. If this is a sudden change check the skimmer basket and pump baskets for an obstruction. Check to make sure all valves are fully open. Clean cartridge if it is a cartridge filter. Backwash (if a sand filter) the pool for two minutes followed by a rinse of thirty seconds and try again. If no change and pool seems normal change the gauge.
    msylady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by msylady
    I have an above ground pool. When the filter is on the pressure usually stays around 30. Now it is registering as high as the gauge will go. I lost my manuals in Katrina. Can anyone help?

sorry..the pressure usually stays at 15 now it is as high as it will register!
    Thanks. I did everything you suggested but overlooked the obvious. Maybe it is just the gauge. Can I buy this and install it myself or do I need to have a pool pro do it?
    Bgd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 07:38 PM
    You can do it yourself. Use a thread sealant or a small amount of teflon tape. Be sure not to over tighten or cross-thread as it will leak for sure. Ask for either where you buy the gauge. Your local pool chemical store should have it if not a plumbing store.
    pool weezel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 09:26 AM
    What cause high pressure in pool filter, it so high that the top blows off, even when you back wash it comes off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Timer For Aboveground Pool Pump [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I am a pool novice. I have a frameset aboveground pool with a cheesy pump - 1/16 HP, 120V. It's plugged into a heavy duty garage outlet, but it's not clear if it's a GFCI. What kind of pump timer can I use that is safe and inexpensive, possibly GFCI? Thanks!

Tank Pressure vs Pump Cut Out Pressure for Well [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to increase my water system pressure to the minimum required 40 PSI to feed my reverse osmosis drinking water filter. However, the 33 gallon pressure tank for my well pump system says it is pre-charged at 30 PSI and that the cut in pressure for my pump should be set equal to that 30...

Wiring Timer Clock, Off /On switch to Pool Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced an underground electrical line for my pool pump. Now I'm not certain of the hookup from the main power (220)to the timer clock (also 220)into the manual off/on switch mounted in it's own box on the back of the timer box, to the pump motor. Can anyone help me here. It's a single...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

Pool pump motor [ 0 Answers ]

Our pool pump motor plug has been replaced twice because when you try to plug it in it sometimes sparks and other times gets so hot it fusses to the outlet. Is this cord not grounded inside motor? Or any other suggestions? The pool is inground the pump brand is Lomart 1 hp & the motor is a baldor...

View more questions Search