Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sahin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 07:30 AM
    What it means if a guy continues to look at you smiling even when you look at him ?
    Threads merged and edited

There this guy in college who seems to be already smiling at me when I look at him.he makes it a point to make an eye contact every time I passby & smiles.but I'm a shy one & I could never smile back.once I heard an other fellow talk about me(that my eyes were beautiful)to his group of friends &this guy(who's among them)immediately interrupted him saying I was his senior.after that his friends started staring.but this guy never spoke to me so I kind of started avoiding him.then he started to try & make me notice him but I never did.now he tries to avoid looking at me but some of his friends continue to stare & I found this guy stare at me when I'm looking at some other guy.why doesn't he try & speak to me?

k,so without being boastful I would say that I have always been complimented for my beautiful eyes ,smile &face.

Do guys usually look at girl in her eyes (as if they are hooked)if they are interested or is it something they do casually with all girls, and stares into your eyes until you look away?when you don't look at him he tries to make you look at him.his friends sometimes make some sounds when you walk by him.he also tries to touch you lightly if he's unable to get your attention.does all this indicate that he likes you?
    Why doesn't he speak to you if he likes you?

Threads merged and edited
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 09:13 AM

He likes you but, is either tongue tied, or too shy, young, or immature, or inexperienced to say anything.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 03:39 AM

He's probably shy too. If you're really interested in this guy you just have to find the courage to smile.

You don't want to look back and wish you had the courage to speak to him. Just do it and then go with the flow.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 04:58 AM

If he isn't the shy type, but doesn't talk to you, why don't you take the leap and speak to him? Go ahead - move out of your comfort zone!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2010, 04:01 AM

Guys like to look and admire nice looking girls.

Until he approaches you,asks you out etc,just take it as general interest.

Is there a reason why you can't approach him and say hello if your interested?
    maryam12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 04:14 AM
    They do with all the girls..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 08:10 AM

This can be many things, He may well be firting, he may like the way you look and was just looking,

You find out by chatting with him if you have in interst also

**** I am assuming from a US culture. Now since this is college aged people, the idea about firting and eye contact should have already be pass this early in school.
    So either this is JR high and not college or perhaps from another culture where direct contact between unmarried women and men are not allowed ?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 11:05 AM
    He could be just admiring the view.

It is interesting how energy can sometimes really connect. Good energy, bad energy.

That he looked away first each time, could mean he simply caught himself looking.

I would say there is certainly an attraction. Worth pursuit? Up to you. Consider tucking a fire extinguisher in your purse just in case. ;)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2010, 11:16 AM

How old are you? Guys look at girls. Doesn't mean anything .
    They admire from afar. They admire any pretty girl or woman.
    Guys like to look. Doesn't mean he's in love. He just likes to look.
    jadedjade Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 12, 2010, 04:44 AM
    Maybe he is shy... and doesn't really know what to say to you.. would you want to make the first move with this guy or are you a little cautious?
    If you are OK with going up and talking to him, id just make small talk like you would with anyone your meeting for the first time, ask him what he's studying or if he works around there, if he's from around there...

If he's looking at you and making a fuss to get your attention I would say that he's interested
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2010, 05:20 AM

If you have any interest in him, I think you need to talk to him. He sounds to me like he's really backward, but may be interested.

Sounds to me like the balls in your court.
    sahin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 05:46 AM
    Are these signs that a guy really likes you a lot ?
    & if yes why doesn't he approach you .looks at you often & smiles
    He makes it a point to make eye contact whenever you passby
    When you don't notice him he tries to make you look at him either by speaking loud or by trying to touch lightly
    But he has never spoken to me though his friends ask him to talk to me & once I thought I saw him ask his friend(my classmate)to introduce him to me but he didn't.
    So I'm confused if he really likes me?
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 21, 2010, 06:57 AM

I think he likes you, but I think he is too shy to approcah you. Why don't you take the initiative and start a conversation with him. Sometimes that's all it takes to get the ball rolling. Just walk up to him and say "hello, my name is..." then you just let things happen after that. Then you will be able to answer an even bigger question, Do you like him?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 07:35 AM

That's all speculation. The only person who will know what he's thinking is himself.

As for you, sometimes, when a person has feelings for another person, then we tend to twist the other person's actions into thinking that they might have feelings for us too.

If you want to get to know him better, then go up to him yourself.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 10:32 AM

Hello Sahin,

He may feel the same way that you do. Making eye contact with someone for a few seconds can some times be uncomfortable, so it's human instinct to break eye contact by looking in a different direction.

Also, he may be intrigued by you and find you attractive, which could be why he is making eye contact with you, by you looking at him also makes him continue to look at you. When you breaking away, he too breaks away. It's just something that happens to all of us.

Perhaps the next time you two are in passing, you can say hi, and break that tension.

Is this someone that YOU are attracted to?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 09:55 AM

It appears he and his friends are teasing you, because they have probably recognized you are shy. If he hasn't made a pass at your verbally, I would just forget it. It is obvously a big game with them.

Tick
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 10:44 AM
    Today's date, August 10th, 2010.

We have long ago foregone the bonds of protocol in waiting for a potential suitor to be decided by our fathers, and the meeting expedited with the formality a royal visit.

Quick! Clean up the horse sh**!!

All kidding aside, have you considered talking to him, on your own initiative? Why not send him a note, ask him if he might be interested in coffee after school. Just put it out there. It doesn't mean you have to clean his chicken coop, or fix the brakes on his car, just a simple coffee date.

If his behaviour,and that of his friends is noticeable and obvious, as you say, chances are you will need to put him out of his lovestruck misery. Eye contact is good, but a verbal exchange, or a quick, informal note, is much better.

I get the impression it is he who is shy more than you.

Take a chance, reciprocate the obvious interest he has in you in some way, and you'll have a 50% chance that he'll take you up on coffee.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 11:10 AM

I am absolutely all for not cleaning out the his chicken coop, and agree on making the first move, but all indications are that this guy has not exactly got a mature attitude on making contact with the opposite sex and can only play it out with his friends. To me that is not date material. Making the first move should not be this difficult, and I sincerely believe, from reading between the lines, the OP is holding back and maybe she has a gut instinct about this one. Who knows.

Tick
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 10:01 AM

Stop posting new questions about the same thing!
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 9, 2010, 10:59 AM

Try saying this to him because it seems he is not going to make a move.

"Do you believe in love at first sight...or do I have to walk by you again?"

If that doesn't get the ball rolling then forget it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What it means when a guy wants to know if you miss him or just sex? [ 7 Answers ]

Basically this guy and I originally decided about 4 months ago to be friends with benefits but with the possibility of a relationship later. Lately we both admitted to actually liking each other. He always ask me if I miss him or just the sex we have. He always ask me what's on my mind when we are...

What do you do if the girl you like has a boyfriend but, she keeps smiling at me? [ 10 Answers ]

Threads merged I work with this girl that I really like and she will always smile at me and sometimes we will talk. She has been smiling at me ever since the first day we seen each other. I don't know if she is just doing it to be nice or if she might think I'm cute. She does give me more...

Problems with smiling [ 4 Answers ]

I work in a pub/bar, I don't like my job and I am looking for another job at the moment which I will enjoy, however my lack of enthusiasm really shows through when I'm working. As a result I constantly get harassed by customers who persistantly tell me to "Smile" or "Cheer up" or "Smile it's your...

View more questions Search