Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schnuckel92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Bad kitchen smell
    For several weeks now I have had a bad smell in my kitchen. I had a plumber come out about a month ago to fix a pipe that had a hole in it that was under my kitchen. They put lime, and later on fogged under the house to get rid of the smell. I am going to have them come back out next week to see if they can see if there is something wrong with the waste arm. I want them to put a video camera down the kitchen sink to see if there is something else broken. My question is is the smell hazards to out health? I have 4 children. Two of them are 2 year old twins. Please respond to my question...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 23, 2006, 11:41 AM
    First you must ascertain exactly where the smell's coming from. If you find a open pipe then the odor's sewer gas which is harmful to your families health.
    If it's from the old leak then more lime might to the trick. Food caught in the disposal can also produce a bad smell. You just have to track it down and eliminate it. Good luck, Tom
    schnuckel92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    First you must ascertain exactly where the smell's coming from. If you find a open pipe then the odor's sewer gas which is harmful to your families health.
    If it's from the old leak then more lime might to the trick. Food caught in the disposal can also produce a bad smell. You just have to track it down and eliminate it. good luck, Tom
    Sorry about the rating part. I am glad that you said that sewer gas is harmful to our family. I don't know why it marked down DISAGREE... sorry about that. Thank you so much for your quick response speedball1...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad smell problem - please help [ 10 Answers ]

:( I feel like crying because we can't get rid of this smell in the house and it is driving us crazy. We have our wedding reception at home in a few weeks time and I am getting really worried that we won't be able to get rid of it before then. It all started 2 or 3 weeks ago... from one day...

Bad smell under house [ 8 Answers ]

I have read a lot of similar questions to mine, but none seem to describe my situation exactly so here goes: I have absolutely no clue about plumbing although I'm beginning to figure out some things. My husband and I bought our first house last year and it's proving to be a lot of work. It's a...

Bad smell in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have this horrible smell in my bathroom. It started about 3 weeks ago. It smells like rotten onions or really really bad BO. The smell never goes away no matter how much I clean. I have had a plumber come out and check the pea traps but everything is in working order. They have no idea what could...

Sewer smell in kitchen, wood cabinets smell [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that had sewer smells in the kitchen probably for years. I found the problem and fixed the pipe. We gutted the kitchen and the smell is still there. The subfloor has an odor. And I am worried the tongue and groove underneath it might smell also. If we pull up the subfloor,...

Help! - Bad smell in Kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

We live in a brand new condo (moved in on June 1), and a few days ago I came home to a horrible smell throughout the whole place (seems to be worst in the kitchen). Today I spent hours cleaning in, around, and under the fridge, as well as sniffing around the whole kitchen and I cannot even tell...

View more questions Search